• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMx2 Normandy?
05-15-2013, 04:41 AM,
RE: CMx2 Normandy?
Guys,

Great discussion! Thanks for the insight and comments. It's been a long while since I picked up a new wargame, but this appears to be the real deal.

Jim
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2013, 05:27 AM,
You really can't go wrong with this one Jim. But it is not a "beer and pretzel" game. You will get out of it, what you put into it.

I play these turns first, and play my CS turns when this turn queue is empty. <g>
05-15-2013, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 09:47 AM by raz_atoth.)
(05-15-2013, 03:24 AM)Westland Wrote: @ raz_atoth

To the artillery:

Example 155mm artillery US in CMAK.
Battery with 4 tubes has only 35 rounds.
Cost:300-400 Points.

155mm artillery US in CMBN
Battery with 4 tubes has 120 rounds.
Cost:665-700 Points.

It has almost 4x more ammunition than in CMAK.That justifies the Price.I can buy 2 x 155mm battery. 8 tubes. then I have 240 shot.
Combined with target reference Points on the target Areas.Of death for each enemy unit.Whether man or tank.that is why you can win only with tanks and artillery on normal Terrain.

True. But the opposite also applies. If you buy 2x155mm and TRPS i can also buy 2x155mm and TRPS and turn the game into an all arty show.
No game is perfect,depending on params/settings you can tip the balance if you wish. Don't believe me? Care to play a late 1942 CMBB unrestricted game with me as the axis and see how long it takes for my all Tigers force to thrash your troops? A 1941 game in which i spend all armor points on KVs? A CMAK game where you play with the italians and i get the Matildas? Smile
Bottom line is you don't necessarily have to abuse the system. You don't need to purchase just armor or just arty. If you opponent does never play with him ever again. There are plenty of decent folks around here after all.

(05-15-2013, 03:24 AM)Westland Wrote: A good player will win always with Panthers.Firefly and Achilles are much too expensive.
My Fireflys and Achilles meet always nothing and are then destroyed by Panthers.I have not yet battle against Panther won.

I'm sorry,but Fireflies/Achilles are not much to expensive. A Firefly costs about 240 pts an Achilles slightly less. A Panther costs about 370pts. You can field 3 Fireflies for each 2 Panthers your opponent has. There is the rarity cost,but you can decide to turn it off or simply agree with your opponent to limit the number of Panthers to 2-3 max. [again see: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/s...?tid=63810 ]
Send this user an email
05-15-2013, 03:16 PM,
(05-15-2013, 03:24 AM)Westland Wrote: @ raz_atoth

To the artillery:

Example 155mm artillery US in CMAK.
Battery with 4 tubes has only 35 rounds.
Cost:300-400 Points.

155mm artillery US in CMBN
Battery with 4 tubes has 120 rounds.
Cost:665-700 Points.

It has almost 4x more ammunition than in CMAK.That justifies the Price.I can buy 2 x 155mm battery. 8 tubes. then I have 240 shot.
Combined with target reference Points on the target Areas.Of death for each enemy unit.Whether man or tank.that is why you can win only with tanks and artillery on normal Terrain.

To the Panthers:

A good player will win always with Panthers.Firefly and Achilles are much too expensive.
My Fireflys and Achilles meet always nothing and are then destroyed by Panthers.I have not yet battle against Panther won.

You can use this tactic one time and your opponent will know it for the next battle. What will you do if nobody is waiting in the target areas when the artillery shells come down?

And don’t forget the air support. A lot of tanks (Panthers) side by side are the perfect target.

I think every "perfect tactic" has his weakness.
05-15-2013, 05:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 05:20 PM by Westland.)
@ raz_atoth

You forget the rarity!
The Panther cost more but have 0 points rarity!
Here the individual purchase price and rarity:

Achilles
Price:231 Points.
Rarity:1155

M10
Price:202
Rarity:606

Firefly
Price:242
Rarity:1210

Panther G Early
Price:422
Rarity:0

I can buy more Panther as you Firefly, M10, or Achilles.
We can a 4200 points battle make. Forest and hills.I buy everything Panther G Early.You have no chance against me.

In CMBB you 48 months to choose has.From with many different weapons have.In CMBN only 3 months and always the same weapons.
Since there is no trade-offs

@Toblakai

The opponents enters but to the end of the battle that target field.
Sure.Fighter aircraft are the only chance against panther.
05-15-2013, 06:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 06:27 PM by raz_atoth.)
The rarity for a Firefly is about 700pts in August,for the M10 is 0 if you're playing with the US,but as i said,you can play with rarity off if you want an armor only battle. Actually,if you play with rarity off the allies have the advantage as they can afford to field more Fireflies than Panthers the axis.

If we're to play that 4200 battle with rarity off you'll be able to purchase about 10 Panthers vs 17 Fireflies. Still betting on the Panthers? Smile Even with rarity on,knowing you'll field just Panthers gives me the upper hand because i can purchase only big arty & planes. Hell,even with about 20 M10s vs your 10 Panthers i think i have more chances than you to win the battle. With forest & hills it's quite likely i'll be able to engage your armor at ranges where the 76mm gun can punch some holes in the panther's armor. With 4200 i can purchase 100 PIAT teams.With forests around you might find your panthers will have a hard time against those little buggers. A 17pds gun costs about 125 pts/330 rarity. With rarity on i can purchase 10 guns and still have 3000 pts to spend. Even if it won't be exactly easy to move it around,if my setup zone has a good overview of the battlefield you'll most likely be toast.

From my POV a panthers only force works when your opponent expects a combined arms fight and purchases accordingly. If i know you'll bring only panthers i can easily turn the table around to my advantage.
Send this user an email
05-15-2013, 06:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 07:03 PM by Westland.)
(05-15-2013, 06:12 PM)raz_atoth Wrote: The rarity for a Firefly is about 700pts in August,for the M10 is 0 if you're playing with the US,but as i said,you can play with rarity off if you want an armor only battle. Actually,if you play with rarity off the allies have the advantage as they can afford to field more Fireflies than Panthers the axis.

If we're to play that 4200 battle with rarity off you'll be able to purchase about 10 Panthers vs 17 Fireflies. Still betting on the Panthers? Smile Even with rarity on,knowing you'll field just Panthers gives me the upper hand because i can purchase only big arty & planes. Hell,even with about 20 M10s vs your 10 Panthers i think i have more chances than you to win the battle. With forest & hills it's quite likely i'll be able to engage your armor at ranges where the 76mm gun can punch some holes in the panther's armor. With 4200 i can purchase 100 PIAT teams.With forests around you might find your panthers will have a hard time against those little buggers. A 17pds gun costs about 125 pts/330 rarity. With rarity on i can purchase 10 guns and still have 3000 pts to spend. Even if it won't be exactly easy to move it around,if my setup zone has a good overview of the battlefield you'll most likely be toast.

From my POV a panthers only force works when your opponent expects a combined arms fight and purchases accordingly. If i know you'll bring only panthers i can easily turn the table around to my advantage.

17 Firefly is not true.
For 4200 points you get:

4 x Achilles or
3 x Firefly IC or
6 x Firefly VC

I've played it so many times against Panther to find ways to win.There is no. 20 x M10 buy maybe.Must I test time.
17 pound AT gun is easily detected in the build.I buy battles in CMBN/FI of no AT guns more in ME.Too cumbersome,too slow.In CMBB/AK was better with AT Guns.
05-15-2013, 07:41 PM,
With rarity off,you can afford 4200 / 242 = 17.35 Fireflies.

What i don't understand is why you focus on the all-Panther forces? Just agree with your opponent a max. of 2-3 big cats per game and enjoy the show.
Send this user an email