01-19-2007, 03:57 AM,
RE: Windows Vista
Perhaps there is an opportunity to create "The Blitz CMMOD Compilation DVD"

Special Edition, of course!
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2007, 04:39 AM,
Uhm...

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Cry

This is the message i received when trying to run CMBB after installing it on my Vista drive. Could be my machine, not sure. Also, my Vista is the final Beta before release so the final product may run it. Who knows. I have had pretty good luck with older programs so far. Most work, some don't.

All I can say is, good luck.

Alonzo

So ends the bloody business of the day - Homer
01-21-2007, 01:52 AM,
Hi Guys

FredRocker is running a test on Monday at his work to see if CM works on Vista - I will keep you posted.
01-21-2007, 04:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2007, 05:17 AM by raz_atoth.)
Why someone would throw his money on window(s) is beyond me :)
You all know that you can get a good,stable,open-source,fast OS for FREE ,right? Big Grin
[Image: linux.logo.2gp.jpg]
Send this user an email
01-21-2007, 05:09 AM,
I wouldn't upgrade right away, but after a year or so we all may be forced to upgrade in order to play the latest games as DirectX 10 will most likely not work on Windows XP. Presumably software released over the next year or so will be both DirectX 9 and 10 compatible, but beyond that timeframe is anyone's guess.
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM,
So does Linux play Windows based games, then? The only reason I have windows is because of the great wargames available for windows and windows alone.
01-22-2007, 10:57 PM,
McIvan Wrote:So does Linux play Windows based games, then? The only reason I have windows is because of the great wargames available for windows and windows alone.
Yes,Ivan,you can play windows games on Linux using emulators like winex/cedega.I'm not sure about the wargames,i believe you have in mind, though,since they are quite old by now.Take CM for example.From what i could gather from the battlefront forum is was developed using DirectX5.Cedega supports only DirectX6+ if i got it right.But i might be wrong,since http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/alp...l?letter=C lists CM(all 3 games) as supported by cedega.
Send this user an email
01-23-2007, 03:08 AM,
While I'll agree that Linux is a better OS than Windows, it's not for everyone, atleast not yet. Also it will not run every Windows game as well as Windows does in the emulators, some won't run at all.

Linux does still require quite a bit of tinkering at the command line to get things to work. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, then I would steer clear of Linux.

The newer distros are very easy to install now, which is a big step forward in what was available just 6 months ago or so.

I believe that Linux is the OS of the future, but at this point it's not quite there yet for the average user.
01-23-2007, 04:46 AM,
01-23-2007, 10:50 AM,
Just one comment: If it ain't broke why fix it? Does XP do everything you want it to do? Yes?, then save the bucks!
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha