• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Introduction, question on winzip
11-11-2018, 05:39 PM,
RE: Introduction, question on winzip
(11-11-2018, 03:52 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I'm playing Marle, WF right now against a guy, I don't zip it, it's a large scenario!!

So far so good, its all working,  My main concern now is not to be defeated, this is intense.
 Which I think I will be, playing against the AI feels very distant, and it was only about a week ago.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2018, 05:56 AM,
Much more fun PBEM!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-12-2018, 08:42 AM,
(11-12-2018, 05:56 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Much more fun PBEM!!

Yes it is, 
I have played against the AI for quite a long time. In doing so, its mostly learning and experimenting and getting to grips with the mechanics of the game.
 The AI does things that a human would not and that is the thing. In turn , I the human  have been what you would call reckless when playing against the AI. 
Simply because it doesn't matter, its just numbers and stats.
Now,
 All of a sudden I am playing against a human, everything has changed. Now its my units that I have to look after and not just throw away to get to the objective.
 Now just driving a halftrack down a road to see what happens, as I have found out to my determent, is not the way to do it, My current opponent would testify to that. Its thought provoking and challenging and fun all at the same time.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
11-14-2018, 11:46 AM,
Glad to hear you're having fun with it!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-14-2018, 05:05 PM,
(11-14-2018, 11:46 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Glad to hear you're having fun with it!!

At the moment I am playing two games against the same opponent.
EF II, Red steel at Federovka. I am playing the Germans, it brilliant, lots of fun and the feeling of the Russians sitting waiting to swarm out and turn this into a wild scrap is just some thing that you cant get against the AI
WF Red Devils at Arhnem, I am again the axis, now this is frustrating, I have good units but just cannot get any headway. The British just know how to stay there and fight.
I love the micro management, platoon leaders, leaders and HQ units arranged and working together.
Both these games are near completion and I will be on the ladder soon.
 I think I will go and read up on some WW II battles to see if the situations and losses etc are "realistic"