• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Introduction, question on winzip - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Introduction, question on winzip (/showthread.php?tid=72046)

Pages: 1 2

Introduction, question on winzip - Oldbones - 11-04-2018

I would like to introduce myself, Oldbones, 
I have the Matrix games EF II WF and RS, updated tp 2.02.
 I prefer the EF II out of the three.
I have played against the AI for a while now and found it brilliant for "training"
The question I have is what winzip version do we use and how do we use it.
Once I get that sorted, I will be able to play one game at a time untill I get to grips against a human opponent.
 Just small scenarios to start with would be about all I could handle at the moment. 
Thanks in advance, I look forwards to a real contest.

RE: Introduction, question on winzip - Warhorse - 11-05-2018

What version of Windows do you use? Most the time nowadays though, I very rarely zip up the game returns, just attach in email and send! I use 7zip.

RE: Introduction, question on winzip - Oldbones - 11-05-2018

(11-05-2018, 04:55 AM)Warhorse Wrote: What version of Windows do you use? Most the time nowadays though, I very rarely zip up the game returns, just attach in email and send! I use 7zip.

Thanks for the reply, I have windows 10 home, on a lenove ideapad 320 s.
 So I don't have to use win zip, my computer has a zip function or I could download one?
So is it just a case of inserting the Bte file in the return E mail?

Well I think I am at the point of actually playing then !

RE: Introduction, question on winzip - Oldbones - 11-05-2018

(11-05-2018, 08:24 AM)Oldbones Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 04:55 AM)Warhorse Wrote: What version of Windows do you use? Most the time nowadays though, I very rarely zip up the game returns, just attach in email and send! I use 7zip.

So I don't have to use win zip, my computer has a zip function or I could download one?

I think I am ready to play, can someone send me a test game turn to see if I can get it work or I could send one to you, thanks.

RE: Introduction, question on winzip - Scud - 11-08-2018

Welcome to the Blitz!

Dave

RE: Introduction, question on winzip - Mr Grumpy - 11-08-2018

Welcome indeed...……. Smile

RE: Introduction, question on winzip - Oldbones - 11-09-2018

(11-08-2018, 03:15 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Welcome indeed...……. Smile

Thank you guys for the welcome, I hope to play about 2 games (complexity 3/5) at a time and play one turn a day on each.
Hope to win some, and put up a good fight each and every time.

RE: Introduction, question on winzip - Warhorse - 11-10-2018

I usually just drag the bte file into the email, yes. Couple guys I do zip to just right click on the bte file, then choose send to-compressed file(on mine,zip), will make a file zip named bte file name, then drag to email. Every time after, dbl-click on zip file and drag bte to it, then send.

RE: Introduction, question on winzip - Oldbones - 11-11-2018

(11-10-2018, 10:48 PM)Warhorse Wrote:

I usually just drag the bte file into the email, yes. Couple guys I do zip to just right click on the bte file, then choose send to-compressed file(on mine,zip), will make a file zip named bte file name, then drag to email. Every time after, dbl-click on zip file and drag bte to it, then send.
I am playing a couple of games at the moment, just sending the BTE file, its working fine so far, but its small games, and small files.
So if I were to become involved in a large game would it be better to use zip files ?

As for the game, I have read and reread the manual, its very intensive, and its hard to remember everything when playing.
 While playing against a human, its a totally different, the mechanics are the same but not much else.
I like the command and control, the HQ etc.  I feel that this aspect could be the difference between victory and defeat in some of the scenarios.
 Hope to be on the main ladder soon.
Oldbones.

RE: Introduction, question on winzip - Warhorse - 11-11-2018

I'm playing Marle, WF right now against a guy, I don't zip it, it's a large scenario!!