• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Introduction, question on winzip
11-04-2018, 08:21 PM,
Introduction, question on winzip
I would like to introduce myself, Oldbones, 
I have the Matrix games EF II WF and RS, updated tp 2.02.
 I prefer the EF II out of the three.
I have played against the AI for a while now and found it brilliant for "training"
The question I have is what winzip version do we use and how do we use it.
Once I get that sorted, I will be able to play one game at a time untill I get to grips against a human opponent.
 Just small scenarios to start with would be about all I could handle at the moment. 
Thanks in advance, I look forwards to a real contest.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2018, 04:55 AM,
RE: Introduction, question on winzip
What version of Windows do you use? Most the time nowadays though, I very rarely zip up the game returns, just attach in email and send! I use 7zip.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-05-2018, 08:24 AM,
(11-05-2018, 04:55 AM)Warhorse Wrote: What version of Windows do you use? Most the time nowadays though, I very rarely zip up the game returns, just attach in email and send! I use 7zip.

Thanks for the reply, I have windows 10 home, on a lenove ideapad 320 s.
 So I don't have to use win zip, my computer has a zip function or I could download one?
So is it just a case of inserting the Bte file in the return E mail?

Well I think I am at the point of actually playing then !
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
11-05-2018, 09:57 AM,
(11-05-2018, 08:24 AM)Oldbones Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 04:55 AM)Warhorse Wrote: What version of Windows do you use? Most the time nowadays though, I very rarely zip up the game returns, just attach in email and send! I use 7zip.

So I don't have to use win zip, my computer has a zip function or I could download one?

I think I am ready to play, can someone send me a test game turn to see if I can get it work or I could send one to you, thanks.
11-08-2018, 03:09 AM,
Welcome to the Blitz!

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-08-2018, 03:15 AM,
Welcome indeed...……. Smile
11-09-2018, 09:22 AM,
(11-08-2018, 03:15 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Welcome indeed...……. Smile

Thank you guys for the welcome, I hope to play about 2 games (complexity 3/5) at a time and play one turn a day on each.
Hope to win some, and put up a good fight each and every time.
11-10-2018, 10:48 PM,

I usually just drag the bte file into the email, yes. Couple guys I do zip to just right click on the bte file, then choose send to-compressed file(on mine,zip), will make a file zip named bte file name, then drag to email. Every time after, dbl-click on zip file and drag bte to it, then send.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

11-11-2018, 02:26 AM,
(11-10-2018, 10:48 PM)Warhorse Wrote:

I usually just drag the bte file into the email, yes. Couple guys I do zip to just right click on the bte file, then choose send to-compressed file(on mine,zip), will make a file zip named bte file name, then drag to email. Every time after, dbl-click on zip file and drag bte to it, then send.
I am playing a couple of games at the moment, just sending the BTE file, its working fine so far, but its small games, and small files.
So if I were to become involved in a large game would it be better to use zip files ?

As for the game, I have read and reread the manual, its very intensive, and its hard to remember everything when playing.
 While playing against a human, its a totally different, the mechanics are the same but not much else.
I like the command and control, the HQ etc.  I feel that this aspect could be the difference between victory and defeat in some of the scenarios.
 Hope to be on the main ladder soon.
Oldbones.
11-11-2018, 03:52 AM,
I'm playing Marle, WF right now against a guy, I don't zip it, it's a large scenario!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue