• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Humph!
10-19-2014, 11:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 01:51 PM by keif149.)
RE: Humph!
(10-19-2014, 09:15 AM)Cats Wrote: JTS will put out a new update for a game but HPS does not have that update so it can not put it out. If one player is playing a JTS game and the other is playing a HPS game they possibly will not work!

The only point I can comment on is the difference between ES 1.04 and ES 1.05.
I refer to a post higher in the thread for ES 1.05.

The only difference in AOTR 1.05 and 1.06 is now the game .exe supports the new editor.
It was supposed to in 1.05, but it didn't happen.
And, when I re-purchased 1.06, the game did not have an editor at all.
I contacted JTS support, and they supplied me with the correct editor and not a new game .exe file.
The game .exe and compiler were created on 1/12/14, while the editor was created in April 2014.
The game now works as advertised in the change log.
Yes, I am happy and satisfied with my transaction.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2014, 12:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 12:58 PM by Richie61.)
At this point I am getting mad and confused over this & that. Plus I spent $80 to buy games that had updates and some that said they were updated. Upset

I am done even talking about is at this point........ Angry5

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=67119
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
10-19-2014, 11:33 PM,
I recommend any questions anyone has be sent directly to Rich Hamilton. He does SB support for both JTS and HPS. That is the only place you will get answers directly regarding this situation.

I doubt highly that the two versions would be incompatible.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-19-2014, 11:40 PM,
I just purchased Eagles Strike.
Everything works as advertised.
Happy, satisfied.
Send this user an email
10-20-2014, 02:52 AM,
It looks as if you guys are doing your Christmas Shopping early! Propeller Hat
10-20-2014, 03:36 AM,
More money than common sense probably.
Oh, lol, I hope they release the updates for everyone (free) and if they release them tomorrow, lol, I won't be upset :-)
Send this user an email
10-20-2014, 08:24 AM,
I have asked Rich Hamilton to come over here at some point in the next week to give the lay of the land with regards to this situation. He's an incredibly busy guy, so if it doesn't happen for a few days, give him some time.

The one thing that I have gleaned from the situation is that the JTS version of Eagle's Strike has been given an update that the HPS version did not. Richie was kind enough to send me the version information from the JTS purchased game. I do not believe it would impact the game play on a PBEM. I'm sure Richie could easily test this and verify that it's true.

In reality, I'd say about 95% of the players here have the HPS version, so compatibility shouldn't be an issue. I would love to see an update for ES to be released to get the game up to the JTS version. I'm sure Rich can comment further. I've been working with him to get some edits to scenarios and the like to AoTR and ES for the HPS updates. It's just been slow going.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-20-2014, 09:01 AM,
Thank you! That should help immensely!
10-20-2014, 09:22 AM,
See post #4 for the change log that comes with JTS ES 1.05,
Send this user an email
10-22-2014, 05:21 AM,
Just a moment to swing in here...we do plan on releasing updates for the HPS titles, just haven't had an opportunity to do so. There is no compatibility issue that I am aware of...I'll sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. ;-)

Please keep in mind there's only one full-time person, John Tiller, at JTS. I'm part time and work 2 other jobs, one being my farm (and animals don't care if emails & web posts need answered, they just want to eat!), so we are slow - but I think our track record of the last 18+ years speaks for itself - we do not leave our customers hanging...

And finally, if you ever have a question please direct it to [email protected] - I will answer you...again, maybe not lightning fast, but I will answer - and that is your only "official" avenue for answers. I try to swing through forums now and again, but I miss a lot - certainly not trying to ignore anyone, just the reality of things.