• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Humph!
10-17-2014, 07:23 AM,
Humph!
I heard of a player that bought ES from the JT store and it comes patched at v 1.05 and has the new editors.

Anyone else bought this version?

I feel like a disrespected Napoleon player still waiting on their upgrades.

I suppose it's the same for AOTR too.

I bought over $640 of just SBs products alone, not counting PzC, ACW, Napoleon, Ancients, Naval, and the original JTCS discs and now I can't even get the latest updates????
Whip
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2014, 11:31 AM,
RE: Humph!
Wouldn't this make all the older version incompatible with people like me in PBEM games?
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
10-17-2014, 01:18 PM,
If it's just editor updates no.
Unless some one like me makes a scenario and changes just one weapon to value X, then it would be incompatible with everyone running 1.04. But then again, I don't have a new change log to see if anything else was added. I doubt it.
Like in PzC the JTS store has the new PzB terrain. In the Nappy games other changes are going on.

Alright, I'll BUY 1.05. I just wish that it was announced somewhere and I didn't have to hear about it "on the street" ;-)
Send this user an email
10-17-2014, 05:50 PM,
Anyone else think this should be a free update?

[Image: untitled_zps4674f8e9.jpg]
Send this user an email
10-17-2014, 11:24 PM,
I think it should be. Whistle

What about AotR?

(10-17-2014, 05:50 PM)keif149 Wrote: Anyone else think this should be a free update?

[Image: untitled_zps4674f8e9.jpg]
10-18-2014, 12:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 12:13 AM by keif149.)
I'd like to know how long it's been available. If it's been out for a "couple of years" then I say it's not going to be free.
Been no activity over at HPS for about 2 months. Didn't know we had to re buy the whole series just to get updates. And the new features are more than just editor updates.
Seems to me, we were having the same discussion a year ago and were told there were no immediate plans to upgrade ES. As we all know, the last change log for AOTR included the new editor, but the patch did not. So, can we assume the actual AOTR game from JTS actually had the new editor and the people who bought their games from HPS got screwed.

I don't have the new terrain for my PzC games or the last updates for my Napoleon games.......either.
Send this user an email
10-18-2014, 12:22 AM,
I want the "F" key bad!

Screwy how the X came out in this version as we were asking for it Jester
10-18-2014, 01:22 AM,
Yeah, so where is this version?

Want to gamble $40 bucks just to see if AOTR has been updated?

How about another $40 on RV? Maybe it has updates too that no one knows about.

What a way to run a business.

How would you like to be the guy that bought ES from JTS and got version 1.04. Now you find out there is a version 1.05 but there isn't even a patch on the Tiller site that says for JTS customers only.
Not to mention all of us chumps that loyally bought his stuff through HPS or the NWS store.
Send this user an email
10-18-2014, 01:45 AM,
This is what I don't get right here. Confused

(10-18-2014, 01:22 AM)keif149 Wrote: How would you like to be the guy that bought ES from JTS and got version 1.04. Now you find out there is a version 1.05 but there isn't even a patch on the Tiller site that says for JTS customers only.
10-18-2014, 02:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 02:12 AM by keif149.)
Well, if everyone is happy playing the versions they have and no one complains or voices questions, then the stores can do whatever they please.
Some one here is bound to tell me if I don't like it get out. Quit playing Tiller games.
That's a very valid option.
Send this user an email