• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updates
10-19-2014, 12:41 AM,
c_Question Mark  Updates
1. Is this not an appropriate forum to discuss issues concerning the publisher of the only games this forum uses? If not, then why not?

2. I am trying to understand the implications of a previous thread. Are updates no longer to be distributed to the owners of Squad Battles series games without cost?

3. If updates are no longer distributed to legitimate owners, will there be PBEM compatibility issues? Ed is a frequent opponent, Will my ES 1.04 turn be compatible with his 1.05 turn? I remember that PBEM instructions always included the caution to make sure both players have the same version.

And I am not trying to cause trouble, just a legitimate owner trying to learn more about what the publisher is doing,

Steve
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2014, 01:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 01:46 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
RE: Updates
There was a misunderstanding with regards to the JTS digital download versions of the games and the HPS versions (with updates) that many of us have. There is no difference and there should not be any compatibility issues.

Updates, when they come, will continue to be distributed as they come out, from my understanding. There will never be a charge for an update.

I closed that thread because it was straying from being informative to being inflammatory. Dan and I had a conversation off-line regarding it and have worked out the issues accordingly. There was quite a bit of confusion and incorrect assumptions about the JTS versions of AoTR and ES. AoTR is lacking the ability to modify the DAT files of the game because they wanted to eventually produce RV. It's taken them a while to get this unlocked. Dan thought the JTS version had the unlocked exe. It did not. He was unhappy. After informing Rich Hamilton over at JTS of an issue, Rich and Dan conversed and sorted out the issue, to my knowledge. I did make Rich aware of the posting here and he acted quickly to help solve the problem. To my knowledge, everyone is satisfied at this moment...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-19-2014, 02:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 05:01 AM by Richie61.)
Alan,

This for AotR's new exe file:

You don't think these new changes won't be a plus or negative to PBEM for new vs old patches?

Quote:Added Leader morale modification to assault morale

Added Demoralize load effect which causes units to become Demoralized or Disrupted

Changes that reduces protection and movement cost between adjacent trench hexes

I haven't tested it yet, but both versions PBEM files will open & play in both versions.

I will say that have "F" key working in Eagles Strike is SWEET! Big Grin
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
10-19-2014, 05:28 AM,
These were the changes for the HPS AoTR v1.05 taken directly from the HPS site. Everything in the JTS version was patched into the HPS version a few years ago.

Changes for Advance of the Reich V1.05
- Added Weapons Off option under View Menu to hide discarded weapons on
the map.
- Added reliability 'X' for loads, weapons, and vehicles.
- Added Leader morale modification to assault morale (see Assaulting
in User Manual).
- Added Demoralize load effect which causes units to become
Demoralized or Disrupted (see Weapon Types in the User Manual).
- Changes that reduces protection and movement cost between adjacent
Trench hexes (see Users Manual under Movement and Firing).
- Added Inspirational Weapons in addition to Motivational Weapons.
- Added ability to sort data in the Database Editor.
- Added option for Mouse Wheel Zoom.
- Added hot key 'F' in main program to toggle Hold Fire.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-19-2014, 08:24 AM,
So I guess those of us who do not wish to repurchase must sit patiently until the updates are announced and promulgated.

I can do that - but that "F" hotkey in Eagles Strike will sure come in right handy!
10-19-2014, 12:55 PM,
At this point I am getting mad and confused over this & that. Plus I spent $80 to buy games that had updates and some that said they were updated. Upset

I am done even talking about is at this point........ Angry5

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...112&page=3
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."