• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Red Thunder announced!
02-08-2014, 02:35 AM,
RE: Red Thunder announced!
(02-06-2014, 01:19 AM)BBrus Wrote: Enigma, you made it look as if I was about to give up CMx2 and burn all my CDs.Helmet Smile

I do know they are a business and their main aim is to make money, and we're potential costumers. I guess they have done their market research and have determined 55 USD is an adequate price (40€). To me, it seems too high for the coming changes and additions. Maybe I'll try the demo and I'll have so much fun moving T-34s around that $55 will seem OK.

Game development is not plug and play nor easy or cheap, but it's not the same to build a KV-2 from scratch than to modify a PzIIIg to make it become a IIIf. Attention to detail is nice but what would be of the CMx2 vehicles if it wasn't for the user made skins.

I honestly don't know how a game engine can be coded for a particular year in WWII. I mean, the 'physics' should be the same, and there's a good bunch of early war equipment in game.

No worries BBrus.
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 01:13 PM,
Hello,

there is a article about CMRT on rocketpapershotgun.com:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/...grational/

Best regards and happy weekend
02-16-2014, 10:02 AM,
Live AAR Now in:
http://www.twitch.tv/ChrisND
Regards
02-16-2014, 11:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014, 11:10 AM by Weasel.)
(02-06-2014, 07:11 AM)enigma6584 Wrote: No, they are minimizing costs while improving the depth and sophistication of the code in the game engine. It takes time, it takes man-hours. People have to be paid. What don't you get?

I get it completely, just keep rebuilding the same crap over and over. So they will come out with a newer engine and then call it CM3 and release CM3 OVERLORD which will look a heck of a lot like CM2 but maybe run faster and tanks won't spin in place when told to back up.

Am I to feel sorry for game developers? They didn't have to take a job as a game developer, I hear the army in every country of the world is actively recruiting every day.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
02-16-2014, 08:05 PM,
I'm not sure i follow your point, Chris. It's not like someone is forcing you to buy the game. You pretty much know what features and vehicles will be in. You know what theater of war will be covered. You'll have a demo you can try before purchasing it.
If RT is not your cup of tea - which i can understand - you can simply purchase another game which you'll enjoy more.
Send this user an email
02-18-2014, 06:33 AM,
(02-16-2014, 11:10 AM)Weasel Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 07:11 AM)enigma6584 Wrote: No, they are minimizing costs while improving the depth and sophistication of the code in the game engine. It takes time, it takes man-hours. People have to be paid. What don't you get?

I get it completely, just keep rebuilding the same crap over and over. So they will come out with a newer engine and then call it CM3 and release CM3 OVERLORD which will look a heck of a lot like CM2 but maybe run faster and tanks won't spin in place when told to back up.

Am I to feel sorry for game developers? They didn't have to take a job as a game developer, I hear the army in every country of the world is actively recruiting every day.

You understand nothing. Your posts on this issue and others show that in crystal clear detail. Honestly, if you were any slower you'd be going backward. All we ever see from you is crying and whining about how you've been cheated by BF. Bullshit. Don't like the game, don't play and let the rest of us enjoy it.