• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Red Thunder announced!
01-31-2014, 06:47 AM,
Red Thunder announced!
Gents,
Looks like we're going to (hopefully) soon do battle on the Eastern Front as the new game just been officially announced:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?opt...Itemid=567
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 05:29 AM,
RE: Red Thunder announced!
AI triggers should take scenarios against the AI to a new level.
02-01-2014, 07:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014, 07:46 AM by Barre.)
I just had a quick look at that link.

Very impressive, let's hope we do not have to wait too long for that Helmet Wink
02-01-2014, 08:25 AM,
I'd like to see some CQC improvements, with flame throwers and stuff.
02-02-2014, 03:46 AM,
(02-01-2014, 05:29 AM)s_cm Wrote: AI triggers should take scenarios against the AI to a new level.

I agree big-time. Going to be a whole new level of flexibility and randomness in scenario design now.

@Barre

New game will be released in March sometime.
02-02-2014, 05:11 AM,
Based on my statistical analysis of past / recent modules and games and their time from preorders opening and the game shipping I estimate that the game will ship between March 11th and March 16th.
02-03-2014, 04:10 AM,
Awesome. Even if they didn't add any new features, having the east front will be a huge enjoyment, and the new features look great. Ever since Panzer Command Ostfront blew up on the launch pad I've been waiting for a new tactical game.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
02-04-2014, 04:02 AM,
I'm disappointed, to be honest. I was expecting an early war game. A good base for a 40-42 (France, N. Africa) game is already done, yet they choose the eastern front (which is nice) but in 1944.

After a quick read of the TOE, it seems there will be no new vehicles for the axis, either. FT? OK, and eye-candy. I don't think we're getting burning terrain or buildings either.
02-04-2014, 04:47 AM,
Hard man to please eh :-)

They chose the first game to be the end of the war for the obvious reason that they already had the majority of the German vehicles. That way we get to the eastern front faster. The game does have a bunch of new Soviet vehicles.

For development reasons it makes good sence to do it this way. Next game will the the year earlier. Now they have half or more of both the German and Soviet vehicles ready to go - just need to add some earlier ones. So we get that game faster. They are planning for incremental improvements to the game.

Don't forget the feature set, AI triggers, some support for fire etc.

You are right the don't have full support for fire yet but it will be there eventually.
02-04-2014, 06:27 AM,
I for one was waiting for RT ever since CMAK came out ;) For me the Eastern Front always been and always will be the no. 1 theatre of interest. I would buy the game even without any improvements to the game engine.
Send this user an email