• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Previous versions of the game and MG
10-16-2013, 02:38 AM,
RE: Previous versions of the game and MG
Yep, you can DL CMBN on any torrent site.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2013, 06:35 AM,
I did a complete reinstall of Normandy, CW forces and then installed MG into a separate folder-in effect running 2 versions as suggested. It worked for 1 PBEM turn. Now I can't even see the following turn from my opponent and MG no longer working.

At this point I would avoid doing 2 separate installations.

Either install MG and forget about previous PBEM games or do not install MG and wait till everyone is on it.
10-16-2013, 09:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013, 10:00 PM by A Canadian Cat.)
(10-16-2013, 02:38 AM)Weasel Wrote: Yep, you can DL CMBN on any torrent site.

You mean a cracked version? Wow, I have never even looked. Partly because I don't plan to steal but also because I figured so few people would want to that no one would bother cracking it.

(10-16-2013, 06:35 AM)DB_Zero Wrote: At this point I would avoid doing 2 separate installations.

Either install MG and forget about previous PBEM games or do not install MG and wait till everyone is on it.

I don't know about that throwing away PBEM games that sound crappy and waiting until everyone has moved is - well that means we will never get there.

Don't for get the third and fourth option:

Upgrade your PBEM games - I have actually had only success with doing that. About half the time the air attack sound runs for a minute or two but then all is well.

Or just run the two installs and reactive CMBN 2.1 before each game. I have the key in a text file and a short cut to activate. Yes it is a pain in the behind but it works.
10-17-2013, 10:13 AM,
I have an odd situation.

One player I got a turn back after re-installing and could see his turn. I sent it back and received one back-this time I can't see the file in my saved games even though its in the incomming folder.

Another player I got a turn, played it-sent it back and I can see and play it-same incomming folder.

Regardless as soon as I open the separate CMBN install, I have to re-activate the installation with Market Garden installed.

I really do like MG-it feels like Holland and in the 1 game I've played against the AI it does appear armor has been castrated when it moves into built up areas.

I'd like to try a H2H game with MG, but I don;t think any of the current players I'm H2H against have it yet.
10-17-2013, 03:45 PM,
Looks like that in some weeks there will be a patch (v2.10) for free download:
http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...p?t=111853
10-18-2013, 02:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2013, 02:19 AM by Weasel.)
(10-17-2013, 10:13 AM)DB_Zero Wrote: I have an odd situation.

One player I got a turn back after re-installing and could see his turn. I sent it back and received one back-this time I can't see the file in my saved games even though its in the incomming folder.

This usually means you don't have the same version.

(10-16-2013, 09:56 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: [quote='Weasel' pid='381754' dateline='1381855137']
Yep, you can DL CMBN on any torrent site.

Yep, came out shortly after the original game came out. When I first tried CMBN I didn't like it even though I tried the training scenario but everyone kept going on about it so I DL'd the cracked version and really played with it and liked it so I bought CMBN+CW and now MG.

The cracked version only goes to 1.10 so when you find players with only that version......Whistle
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-25-2013, 07:56 AM,
I am playing my 2.01 games on my MG install and I no longer have to reinstall the license each turn after I disabled my 2.01 install. I just renamed the 2.01 folder and everything is ok now.