• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Previous versions of the game and MG
10-13-2013, 04:36 AM,
Previous versions of the game and MG
I just purchased and installed MG, but in order to be able to finish my 2.00 pbem games i first copied the contents of the CM folder to a different location, then applied MG to the original one.

The issue is every time i start the 2.00 version,then switch back to MG, the activation for MG vanishes. I can start the game just fine,at the bottom of the screen it says v 2.10, but the MG blue icon isn't there and the MG battles/campaigns are greyed out.

Anyone encountering this as well? Any idea what the fix - if any - might be?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2013, 04:54 AM,
RE: Previous versions of the game and MG
Last time this happened to me it was Norton that quarantined my MG executable (yes the module has a .exe - surprising). Once I freed the file and told Norton to take a hike it fixed it. Hope that is the same problem you are having.
10-13-2013, 05:10 AM,
Actually no. I don't have Norton installed and the MG executable isn't blocked.
Basically,the workflow is this:
1) I activate MG. Everything works fine
2) I launch CMBN v.2.00,everything works fine
3) I launch MG,the scenarios are greyed out. If i activate it again, it works fine again.

If i don't mess with v. 2.00, MG works without issues. As soon as i launch it, the MG activation goes away.
Send this user an email
10-13-2013, 05:14 AM,
Same problem here. I had activate the module MG again, but after the next game with v2.01 the new module is missing. Maybe it's because of the copy protection
10-14-2013, 06:36 AM,
Same here, activated and the MG icon and scenarios showed, played the CW turn and the MG is gone and MG scenarios greyed out.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-14-2013, 08:29 AM,
So having to do what the guys on BF do, install MG and keep the "activate MG" icon on your desktop, don't delete it after you activate. Create a notepad document on your desktop with the MG code in it and when you want to play MG, if you ran a 2.01 turn before, hit the activate shortcut and copy your license over.

Every time a hiccup eh.Soap Box
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-14-2013, 11:22 AM,
So, I am running to installs and so far no problems and not reactivation needed. I suggest contacting customer support and letting them help you out. I have had good experience with them in the past.
10-14-2013, 03:20 PM,
(10-14-2013, 11:22 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: So, I am running to installs and so far no problems and not reactivation needed. I suggest contacting customer support and letting them help you out. I have had good experience with them in the past.

Did you copy v2.01 to another folder and installed MG (v2.10) in the original folder? Or did you make a complete 2nd installation of v2.10 (CMBN -> CW -> etc.)?
10-15-2013, 12:54 AM,
I copied my CMBN201 directory renamed it CMBN21 and moved all mods aside. Then I verified that both run. Then I installed MG into the CMBN21 dir and activated it. After verifying that both or them run I pruned any mods that I knew or suspected would not work and put the ones I thought should work back.

All is good.
10-15-2013, 11:36 AM,
OK I have to stand corrected. I am seeing the same problem. I just tried to run MG and it was not activated. Running the activation short cut allowed it to work again. Clearly my memory sucked and I only just ran 2.1 and MG a second time this evening.

Oh man another really really annoying bug. Licensing sucks. It rarely hinders actual thieves and often causes actual paying customers plenty of issues.