• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Previous versions of the game and MG - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission x2 (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+--- Thread: Previous versions of the game and MG (/showthread.php?tid=65104)

Pages: 1 2

Previous versions of the game and MG - raz_atoth - 10-13-2013

I just purchased and installed MG, but in order to be able to finish my 2.00 pbem games i first copied the contents of the CM folder to a different location, then applied MG to the original one.

The issue is every time i start the 2.00 version,then switch back to MG, the activation for MG vanishes. I can start the game just fine,at the bottom of the screen it says v 2.10, but the MG blue icon isn't there and the MG battles/campaigns are greyed out.

Anyone encountering this as well? Any idea what the fix - if any - might be?

RE: Previous versions of the game and MG - A Canadian Cat - 10-13-2013

Last time this happened to me it was Norton that quarantined my MG executable (yes the module has a .exe - surprising). Once I freed the file and told Norton to take a hike it fixed it. Hope that is the same problem you are having.

RE: Previous versions of the game and MG - raz_atoth - 10-13-2013

Actually no. I don't have Norton installed and the MG executable isn't blocked.
Basically,the workflow is this:
1) I activate MG. Everything works fine
2) I launch CMBN v.2.00,everything works fine
3) I launch MG,the scenarios are greyed out. If i activate it again, it works fine again.

If i don't mess with v. 2.00, MG works without issues. As soon as i launch it, the MG activation goes away.

RE: Previous versions of the game and MG - Toblakai - 10-13-2013

Same problem here. I had activate the module MG again, but after the next game with v2.01 the new module is missing. Maybe it's because of the copy protection

RE: Previous versions of the game and MG - Weasel - 10-14-2013

Same here, activated and the MG icon and scenarios showed, played the CW turn and the MG is gone and MG scenarios greyed out.

RE: Previous versions of the game and MG - Weasel - 10-14-2013

So having to do what the guys on BF do, install MG and keep the "activate MG" icon on your desktop, don't delete it after you activate. Create a notepad document on your desktop with the MG code in it and when you want to play MG, if you ran a 2.01 turn before, hit the activate shortcut and copy your license over.

Every time a hiccup eh.Soap Box

RE: Previous versions of the game and MG - A Canadian Cat - 10-14-2013

So, I am running to installs and so far no problems and not reactivation needed. I suggest contacting customer support and letting them help you out. I have had good experience with them in the past.

RE: Previous versions of the game and MG - Toblakai - 10-14-2013

(10-14-2013, 11:22 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: So, I am running to installs and so far no problems and not reactivation needed. I suggest contacting customer support and letting them help you out. I have had good experience with them in the past.

Did you copy v2.01 to another folder and installed MG (v2.10) in the original folder? Or did you make a complete 2nd installation of v2.10 (CMBN -> CW -> etc.)?

RE: Previous versions of the game and MG - A Canadian Cat - 10-15-2013

I copied my CMBN201 directory renamed it CMBN21 and moved all mods aside. Then I verified that both run. Then I installed MG into the CMBN21 dir and activated it. After verifying that both or them run I pruned any mods that I knew or suspected would not work and put the ones I thought should work back.

All is good.

RE: Previous versions of the game and MG - A Canadian Cat - 10-15-2013

OK I have to stand corrected. I am seeing the same problem. I just tried to run MG and it was not activated. Running the activation short cut allowed it to work again. Clearly my memory sucked and I only just ran 2.1 and MG a second time this evening.

Oh man another really really annoying bug. Licensing sucks. It rarely hinders actual thieves and often causes actual paying customers plenty of issues.