• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

***Scenario of the Month: September 2013 - Pairings
12-04-2013, 11:07 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: September - Pairings
Bletchley Geek and I just wrapped up Bon Giorno Tomahawks.

I, as the Axis, got mightily pantsed. Part of this is certainly a bit of poor initial tank placement on my part. On the other hand, the PzIVs don't really seem much of a match for the Shermans. The map, while actually quite lovely and certainly creative, makes the defender feel like he's playing in a shoebox...or at least something of an Alamo. A bit more space for this one would be welcome.

I would also observe that the briefing screen indicates this one is Allies vs. AI ONLY? Seems strange for a proposed H2H?

Still, I enjoyed the play and the opponent.

Thanks for the scenario!

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2013, 01:33 PM,
Just finished "First Clash" versus HoseJock. Ended in a draw. The map is lovely -- an example of the sorts of creative and realistic terrain that's possible with this engine. THe mix of troops, I thought, was also interesting.

The only thing I didn't quite understand was that both the Allies (as the attackers) and the Axis received points for possession of terrain locations. I was under the impression that the intent was to simulate the Allied recon of the four crossings before pushing on to the objective. If so, what's the logic for granting points to the Axis for them once the Allies have touched them and, in this case at least, crossed all but one?

Still, a fine opponent and an enjoyable scenario.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
02-02-2014, 11:19 AM,
herrbixx-that was some game we just finished.

I was pulling my hair out and wanted to court marshal my troops for incompetence and yet when they were out numbered and outgunned they somehow managed to even things out.

The last Sherman you killed made me angry. They were facing your MarkIV but for whatever reason rotated the turret to try and get a shot at the Hanomag moving in their rear instead of targeting the bigger threat-the MarkIV and allowed you to kill it.

Oh well. Considering halfway through the game I though it was a lost cause and I lost most of my forces, I'll take the draw.

Great game!
09-13-2015, 08:24 AM,
This is a bit overdue, but nonetheless:

With 11 games played so far [2 - 6 - 3], the CW: First Clash is hereby considered approved for H2H play.

For Bon Giorno Tomahawks the jury is still deliberating, until we'll see more games played.
Send this user an email