• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

***Scenario of the Month: September 2013 - Pairings
09-19-2013, 06:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 09:03 AM by raz_atoth.)
***Scenario of the Month: September 2013 - Pairings
Gentlemen,

Below are the pairings for the Scenario of the Month: September.

A quick remainder about the workflow:

The allied player is the one who will start the setup and send the first turn to his axis opponent.
The games are to be played using 'Iron' as skill level,unless otherwise agreed.
The game will count as an on-ladder game and will be reported just like a regular game unless you otherwise agree with your opponent.

Please don't forget when your game as started to post here,so we can keep track on the games which are in-progress.

CMBN:  CW First Clash  

[The scenario can be downloaded from here:  https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Comb...&ladder=16 ]

Allies - Axis
Cyrano - HoseJock,  [FINISHED]
Barre - BletchleyGeek [FINISHED]
Comdr - Toblakai [FINISHED]
DB_Zero - herrbixx  [FINISHED]
raz_atoth - Expecting_at_crossroad  [FINISHED]

Bon Giorno Tomahawks

[The scenario can be downloaded from here:  https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Comb...&ladder=16 ]

Allies - Axis
herrbixx - Mad Mike, [FINISHED]
Pobs - DB_Zero [FINISHED]
BletchleyGeek - Cyrano [FINISHED]

Good luck to all of you.

Raz.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2013, 10:23 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: September - Pairings
First Clash setup sent to HoseJock.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
09-20-2013, 03:56 PM,
CMBN: CW First Clash
Comdr - Toblakai
First turns sent
09-22-2013, 02:16 AM,
Turn request received and returned to BletchleyGeek.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
09-22-2013, 08:36 PM,
Game herrbixx vs. Mad Mike has started.
09-29-2013, 03:59 PM,
Does have somebody the same situation in First Clash? At 01:00:00 I got the message „Reinforcements have arrived: KG Brinkmann ETA 15 Minutes”. But only a vehicle crew and an immobilized Kuebelwagen appeared Helmet Smile
11-10-2013, 03:17 AM,
Game herrbixx vs. Mad Mike (Bon Giorno Tomahawks) has ended, with a Tactical Victory for me (Axis).

I think the scenario is not balanced for H2H and probably quite difficult for the Allies to win.
11-10-2013, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013, 07:02 AM by herrbixx.)
I agree with my opponent, he put up an excellent defense, and I made a blunder, not anticipating his armor on my flank, I still think it would be very hard for the allies, maybe a little more and heavier artty for the attacker

(09-29-2013, 03:59 PM)Toblakai Wrote: Does have somebody the same situation in First Clash? At 01:00:00 I got the message „Reinforcements have arrived: KG Brinkmann ETA 15 Minutes”. But only a vehicle crew and an immobilized Kuebelwagen appeared Helmet Smile

they showed up for me shortly after the message, maybe you have to advance to a certain area, or its a timed delay
11-22-2013, 06:17 AM,
Bon Giorno Tomahawks
Pobs - DB_Zero,

Major Victory - Allies

This seemed a pretty evenly balanced map to me, our game was very close and was won by whoever managed to keep their armor alive.
Both sides took massive infantry loses in the assault, but I managed to get some armor kills with a flank. I think if you can combine the allies infantry with the armor then the allies have a great chance. (I committed and lost a lot of my infantry as I was too cautious with my armor).

Quite tough in the town itself, quite a few bottlenecks and then a few armor kills block it up further.

I imagine it was more interesting attacking rather than defending.
11-22-2013, 11:31 AM,
(11-22-2013, 06:17 AM)Pobs Wrote: Bon Giorno Tomahawks
Pobs - DB_Zero,

Major Victory - Allies

This seemed a pretty evenly balanced map to me, our game was very close and was won by whoever managed to keep their armor alive.
Both sides took massive infantry loses in the assault, but I managed to get some armor kills with a flank. I think if you can combine the allies infantry with the armor then the allies have a great chance. (I committed and lost a lot of my infantry as I was too cautious with my armor).

Quite tough in the town itself, quite a few bottlenecks and then a few armor kills block it up further.

I imagine it was more interesting attacking rather than defending.

I'm not sure what to think. With 10 turns left I lost 3 tanks in a single turn-up to that point they were butchering the American infantry and managed to kill a couple Shermans. That lost it for me as I had plenty of infantry left. I knew I was in very deep trouble and could only hope to get a few lucky kills with my infantry against the Shermans which was very unlikely.

I got a lot of infantry killed in the last 5 or so turns when I couldn't counter the Shermans and got desperate. I also needlessly lost a assault gun earlier when it got bogged down and was an easy kill. Also one of my Mark 4s got killed by a rifle grenade about halfway through the game.

I should have been more cautious with my tanks and that would have probably held the Shermans at bay long enough to get better results as the Shermans would eventually have to be committed to the town aggressively and at a disadvantage.

Regardless it was a fun battle. Congrats to the victor.