• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Blitz's Combat Rules for QBs[draft]
03-03-2013, 03:46 AM,
RE: The Blitz's Combat Rules for QBs[draft]
I wouldn't exactly call it house rules. As i said the club won't enforce in any way these set of rules. Actually even the word 'rules' isn't perhaps the most appropriate in the context;these are guidelines not rules,and they'll serve simply for reference.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 07:14 AM,
These are not must rules we are talking about, just a set of rules some players may wish to adopt to use, or just bits and pieces there-of.

Also, I would not consider 2 fireflys/M10s vs 2 panthers/tigers equal, the allied tanks still have no armour to protect them which means a hit is a kill, unlike the axis tanks which have a good chance of surviving depending on range.

I will have to keep my eye on the rocket thing, sounds like it could really be abused by buying several of them and having them on delay but plotted on startup.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013, 09:18 PM by DasTiger.)
(03-02-2013, 09:57 PM)Wicked Pete Wrote: Lets not get too carried away with add on house rules. I have seen several game clubs dissolve because the house rules got to be too much.

I'm not saying that these rules will destroy this club. Maybe it will avoid some of the nasty QB finger pointing. However, I am saying, for myself, I'm going to avoid QB's and not play them. And that is not because of anything anyone has done but instead of what I have done to myself. I have always tried to conduct myself in a manor that could never be construed as gamey or any of the other sayings. Instead I find that in QBs I err on the side of being overly conservative with troop selection. In other words I pick too little to never be accused of picking too much. I have a tendency to select too few tanks or not enough arty or no planes to avoid ever being accused of breaking some rule. And then I get crushed and that's probably not much fun for either side. I know it sucks for me.

The easiest way to deal with this is to not play QBs. Simple.

So count me out of the QB rules discussion. Just my 2 cents worth.

03-06-2013, 08:08 AM,
I see your point Tiger and I am starting to feel that way myself. The down side with scenarios is that its tough to find one that neither opponent has played before and to me that removes the thinking on your toes that QBs give. A good example would be the QB that I am fighting against Weasel. He fielded every StuG the German industrial machine produced and now I have to counter that with some commonwealth infantry.
03-08-2013, 12:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013, 12:39 PM by Weasel.)
(03-06-2013, 08:08 AM)Wicked Pete Wrote: I see your point Tiger and I am starting to feel that way myself. The down side with scenarios is that its tough to find one that neither opponent has played before and to me that removes the thinking on your toes that QBs give. A good example would be the QB that I am fighting against Weasel. He fielded every StuG the German industrial machine produced and now I have to counter that with some commonwealth infantry.

I went tank heavy because the field is wide open, in other words tank country. I always buy as per the terrain dictates which is mostly infantry, but this map was wide open for the most part. You should always do a terrain appreciation before buying, rule #1 and why I always make sure map preview is enabled. I am not being gamey because I bought the correct force for the situation, and the only thing we agreed on was no cats/76mm, so you could have bought more shermans too. BTW - so far I have identified 4 shermans (or the cpu called them that), so you are not too far off of me and not all my stugs are IIIs.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
03-10-2013, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013, 12:18 PM by Wolf Blitzer.)
The germans made lots of stug 3s. Thet where the most common armored vehicle they had. I watched a couple of thing on youtube about German assault guns. There is a series of docs. called Tanks! that has a whole episode devoted to them. There is also a series called German War Files. Its really dry but has hour long episodes about certain vehicles. Stugs where like Panzer 4s without turrets and super easy to crank out. They made around 10,000 a year certain years as I remember it.
Send this user an email
03-10-2013, 12:20 PM,
The example was about thinking on your toes, it was not bitching about what you fielded.
03-10-2013, 05:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013, 07:15 PM by S.A.M.)
I like the rules, They make sense and it helps to have a game in wich both parties having more or less equal chances, so why not have the rules. Looks good to me. I think the people who would object are people that like to exploid.

It will provide a good platform of equal chances to beginners and hey if somone insists not to play by them by all means. I dont think Blitz or any other club would dissolve by certain game rules. They probably and most likeley dissolve because of many other reasons.

I say put it up, make it sticky and it be nice for beginners.

Greetings
Mat

03-11-2013, 01:21 AM,
I have reconsidered. I just need to change the way I pick forces and not worry about the armor as long as I have some infantry.

With that being said, the only real concern I have is early arty strikes on setup areas. I'm cool with planes and not cool with rockets.

03-11-2013, 05:08 AM,
I find the QBs to enjoyable to simply give up on them :) With some basic rule in place you can balance the game enough to make it enjoyable for both players.
Send this user an email