• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
06-03-2012, 07:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 07:28 PM by raz_atoth.)
RE: "In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
(06-03-2012, 11:11 AM)Pool80831 Wrote: I don't seem to understand what I'm supposed to do.

1. I created a new folder named "thephlapbadhu" in my dropbox.

2. I used the blitz.org email facility to send an email to thephlapbadhu asking him for an email address so I can invite him to share that folder. He has not yet replied to my email.

3. I thought I would receive a set up file for the prepared game in which I would set my password for the Allied attacker and place that file in the dropbox we share. That file would have a name ending in 001, and I'd change its name to something meaningful to me and my opponent but still ending with 001. CMBN will automatically increment that number and place the resulting file in its outgoing email folder for my opponent to place in our shared dropbox.

4. Although Dropbox would alert my opponent of the 001 file being in the Dropbox, I would send him an email letting him know the 001 file is ready with some comments about the impending battle.

The instructions describe setting up a new Quick Battle. As we're to play an existing scenario, I expected to be directed to a set up file.

Actually,you're the allied player so it's you who should start the game :)
Basically,the workflow is this:
1)you start the game and save the first turn. A scenario is started the same way as a QB,you just choose the 'Battle' menu instead of 'Quick Battle'.
2)you obtain your opponent's email address
3)you create the dropbox shared folder and send your opponent an invitation to share that folder
4)you copy your file to the shared folder

If everything went smooth,at this point your opponent should have your file and what's left to be done is for you to wait his next turn.

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2012, 08:47 PM,
Kuderian vs Ariete

Game started :)
06-05-2012, 12:23 AM,
WBRP and I are underway.
My Tommies sipped thier tea and watched it rain fire and steel upon Fritz.
06-05-2012, 10:38 PM,
No setup from my opponent Togi still....

I have received a mail last saturday that he was going to send me the setup that same day. I appreciated the mail, but untill this moment I still have not received a setup by any means.

I am running a bit short on patience to be honest, as I am eager to start.
fair is fair, anyone deserves ample time to do his business, but what should be a reasonable deadline here?
All advice is welcome.
thx
06-06-2012, 01:45 AM,
Well,i'm afraid Friday is the deadline limit :) If by then,your opponent Togi doesn't send you a file i'll just assign you a new opponent.
Send this user an email
06-07-2012, 06:21 AM,
Herroberst happy to be called up from reserve.

06-07-2012, 08:54 PM,
well i`ve heard from Ian (canadian cat) that reserves are still wanted so i would be able to beat some games too.

06-08-2012, 06:32 AM,
we have started

regards
06-08-2012, 06:44 AM,
Great!
Thanks for letting me know!
Send this user an email
06-10-2012, 02:24 AM,
Gentlemen,
There is one spot open,if anyone of you not playing yet in the tournament is interested to join,please post here...
Send this user an email