• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
05-29-2012, 04:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 07:10 PM by raz_atoth.)
"In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
Gentlemen,
It's my pleasure and privilege to announce the start of the first round. The first battle played will be "CW in the shadow of the hill 5am"
The pairings are:

Allies - Axis
noob - Pecks [FINISHED] Draw [400-400]
Herr Klopek - Odin [STARTED]
[RT] Pioneer - Cobalt [FINISHED]British Total Victory [Cobalt dropped-out]
Wicked Pete - WBRP [FINISHED] Draw [200-200]
Blamey - JohnsyFGM [ON HOLD]
Viajero - herrbixx [In progress]
Ironhorse - Martyr [FINISHED] British Tactical Victory [500-200]
Pool80831 - thephlapbadhu [FINISHED]German Total Victory [Pool80831 dropped-out]
zufzuf - richardg [STARTED]
kuderian - ariete Draw [400-400]
Mad Mike - a1steaks [FINISHED] British Tactical Victory [400-100]
A Canadian Cat - Stetman [FINISHED] British Tactical Victory [400-0]
LondonSandy - naughtkris [FINISHED] German Major Victory [0-500]
Chief Looking Glass - Nelson1812 [FINISHED] British Tactical Victory [500-200]
cargol - Barre [FINISHED]German Tactical Victory [200-400]
togi - Marijn_Nashorn [STARTED]
Baddawg - Cyrano [FINISHED]Draw [500-500]
kghammer- antom [FINISHED]British Total Victory [antom dropped-out]
eniced73 - DasTiger [FINISHED] British Total Victory [800-0]
spankythamunky - strangewhispers [FINISHED] British Major Victory [500-0]
Sabot6 - Jaws [FINISHED]British Total Victory [Jaws dropped-out]
Siffo98 - herroberst [STARTED]

The allied player is the one who will start the setup and send the first turn to his axis opponent.
The games are to be played using 'Warrior' as skill level.
The game will be reported,but won't count as a ladder game. If this statement confuses you,it's because it's a new feature of the blitz. The result will be visible in your profile but it won't affect your ladder standings in any way(please see the first of the below pictures).
When the game is finished,please don't forget to post a message stating so,along with the scores both of you got.

Some words about etiquette. I guess this is a known fact,but to avoid any issues,here i go :) Pre-planned artillery strikes are not allowed if you're the defender,due to the small setup zones. It is,however,allowed if you're playing with the attacking side.

Last,but not least,for those of you less familiarized with the site... You can view your opponent's profile either by clicking on this name in a forum post/ladder or by going to the Members page and searching for his username using the bottom form:
https://www.theblitz.club/members/

You can contact your opponent,in three ways...(see the second picture)
1) By directly emailing him,if he made his address visible in the profile.
2) By sending him a private message (PM)
3) By sending him an email using the site's interface

When the first turn was exchanged,please post in here,so i can keep track of the games which started.

Good luck to all involved!

[Image: 2fbd2cafa1report.jpg]

[Image: be3c9c84e1profile.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2012, 05:05 AM,
RE: "In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
Thanks for setting this up. I am looking forward to the fun.

I see that there are lots of people participating who are not already on the ladder. Hopefully some will join the ladder as a result.
05-29-2012, 05:16 AM,
Could you also add the set up turn artillery rules so all participants are on the same page.

My suggestion was that only the attacker should be allowed to plot artillery during the set up turn, that way any defensive artillery strikes can only hit suspected attacker set up zones after a delay.
05-29-2012, 06:14 AM,
Indeed.I guess i should mention that pre-planned arty strikes are not allowed for the defenders..
Send this user an email
05-29-2012, 09:52 AM,
Sir Eniced73!!! I await your setup.

05-29-2012, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2012, 10:18 AM by thephlapbadhu.)
(05-29-2012, 04:20 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: Gentlemen,
It's my pleasure and privilege to announce the start of the first round. The first battle played will be "CW in the shadow of the hill 5am"
The pairings are:

Allies - Axis
noob - Pecks
Herr Klopek - Odin
[RT] Pioneer - Cobalt
antom - WBRP
Blamey - JohnsyFGM
Viajero - herrbixx
Ironhorse - Martyr
Pool80831 - thephlapbadhu
zufzuf - richardg
kuderian - ariete
Mad Mike - a1steaks
A Canadian Cat - Stetman
LondonSandy - naughtkris
Chief Looking Glass - Nelson1812
cargol - Barre
togi - Marijn_Nashorn
Baddawg - Cyrano
kghammer- antom
eniced73 - DasTiger
spankythamunky - strangewhispers
Sabot6 - Jaws

The allied player is the one who will start the setup and send the first turn to his axis opponent.
The games are to be played using 'Warrior' as skill level.
The game will be reported,but won't count as a ladder game. If this statement confuses you,it's because it's a new feature of the blitz. The result will be visible in your profile but it won't affect your ladder standings in any way(please see the first of the below pictures).
When the game is finished,please don't forget to post a message stating so,along with the scores both of you got.

Some words about etiquette. I guess this is a known fact,but to avoid any issues,here i go :) Pre-planned artillery strikes are not allowed if you're the defender,due to the small setup zones. It is,however,allowed if you're playing with the attacking side.

Last,but not least,for those of you less familiarized with the site... You can view your opponent's profile either by clicking on this name in a forum post/ladder or by going to the Members page and searching for his username using the bottom form:
https://www.theblitz.club/members/

You can contact your opponent,in three ways...(see the second picture)
1) By directly emailing him,if he made his address visible in the profile.
2) By sending him a private message (PM)
3) By sending him an email using the site's interface

When the first turn was exchanged,please post in here,so i can keep track of the games which started.

Good luck to all involved!

[Image: 2fbd2cafa1report.jpg]

[Image: be3c9c84e1profile.jpg]

im away all next week but can play until Friday- don't want to mess things up- am happy to play but doubt willl finish by then
05-29-2012, 10:45 AM,
Raz, about the no pre planned arty strikes for the defender. Do you mean not at all, or just not as an initial strike but can do it in 5+ minutes. Please clarify to avoid all confusion.

I'm looking forward to this.

HK
05-29-2012, 01:16 PM,
My computer crapped itself again about 6 days ago. I've taken it in to be fixed and they are saying it will take about 3 to 6 weeks. I would like to still be in this tourney if it is at all possible. I'll keep you informed as to what's going on. Luckily, I've just got myself one of these smart phones, and I'll be able to keep up with what is happening and will check in from time to time.

Johnsy
05-29-2012, 04:05 PM,
The battle between zufzuf vs richardg has started.
05-30-2012, 12:13 AM,
(05-29-2012, 10:45 AM)Herr Klopek Wrote: Raz, about the no pre planned arty strikes for the defender. Do you mean not at all, or just not as an initial strike but can do it in 5+ minutes. Please clarify to avoid all confusion.

I'm looking forward to this.

HK

No,I mean no preplanned arty at all for the defenders :)

(05-29-2012, 01:16 PM)JohnsyFGM Wrote: My computer crapped itself again about 6 days ago. I've taken it in to be fixed and they are saying it will take about 3 to 6 weeks. I would like to still be in this tourney if it is at all possible. I'll keep you informed as to what's going on. Luckily, I've just got myself one of these smart phones, and I'll be able to keep up with what is happening and will check in from time to time.

Johnsy

No worries,you can start your game when you have your PC repaired. As a sidenote,am i the only one who believes the 3 to 6 weeks interval those guys mentioned is awfully long?

Send this user an email