• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
07-15-2012, 02:45 AM,
RE: "In the shadow of the hill" round 1!

.png   Ironhorse vs Martyr \'In the Shadow\' Rnd 1.png (Size: 137.32 KB / Downloads: 5)

Round 1 for Ironhorse vs Martyr complete.
British Tactical Victory 500-200

Great match - Horshoewood was definitely a challenge for me ...especially with my artillery on the backside (had a direct hit with my own round right on top of a tank that was right next to the observer). Once my infantry was bloodied trying to assault Horshoewood, they broke easy and it was difficult getting them to move and assault again - well played defense of the wood by Martyr.

Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 05:45 AM,
The game Mad Mike vs. a1steaks has finshed, with a British Tactical Victory.

Final score Mad Mike, UK: 400 - a1steaks, GE: 100

Good game, a1steaks Thumbs Up
07-15-2012, 06:48 AM,
(07-15-2012, 05:45 AM)Mad Mike Wrote: The game Mad Mike vs. a1steaks has finshed, with a British Tactical Victory.

Final score Mad Mike, UK: 400 - a1steaks, GE: 100

Good game, a1steaks Thumbs Up

Yeah, good game Mike. Was a fun one.
07-15-2012, 11:32 AM,
a quick note, we are only exchanging file 038, and he is off for holiday for 2 weeks,
07-15-2012, 11:32 PM,
update from Togi vs der Nashorn:
We have played 6/7 turns so far.
My opponent is roughly averaging one turn per week.
07-16-2012, 03:31 AM,
(07-15-2012, 11:32 PM)Marijn_Nashorn Wrote: update from Togi vs der Nashorn:

Do you really sign up for a tourney and then give that kind of response time. If I was the tourney master I'd just kick him.
07-16-2012, 10:07 PM,
(07-16-2012, 03:31 AM)Wicked Pete Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 11:32 PM)Marijn_Nashorn Wrote: update from Togi vs der Nashorn:

Do you really sign up for a tourney and then give that kind of response time. If I was the tourney master I'd just kick him.

Well,the rules of the slub state that if you send a turn at every 3 weeks you're on the safe line. Agreed,it's not exactly the most pleasant thing in the world to get 1 turn/week,but on the other hand i was kinda stuck with RL/work issues for the past 6 weeks myself so i can't say i blame this player.To much...;)
Some other news: the second round of the tourney will start this week-probably tomorrow-so brace yourself! :)
It doesn't really matter if you finished the first game or not.If you didn't you'll just have 2 games going.

Send this user an email
07-17-2012, 01:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012, 01:33 AM by noob.)
One turn a week would make the first round match last nearly a year !!!, so for the purposes of this or future tourneys, i suggest setting a minimum average turn rate, then players that couldn't process that many would not request to play, or could drop out.
07-17-2012, 02:49 AM,
Slow turn rates are not *as* bad for a tournament like this because the next round match ups do not depend on the first round results.

However @noob makes a good point. If some players have such a slow turn rate the whole tournament can take a really long time. I would agree with @noob that a faster minimum turn rate for a tournament would be appropriate. There is no reason even with a faster minimum rate that people's circumstances cannot be accommodated. The minimum rate could be waved for a period of time to accommodate people's holiday or business trips etc. Just something to consider - looking forward to the second round match ups.

Lord I hope I do not get matched up with a slow player:-)
07-17-2012, 08:25 PM,
I appreciate your comments on slow rates of return.
makes me feel I am not alone in this.

I must say that my opponent has indeed picked up his rate of return
since my last reply to about 1 turn a day.
Nice!