• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

7. cargol - zufzuf [Bootcampers Breakout]
04-16-2012, 05:54 AM,
RE: 7. cargol - zufzuf [Bootcampers Breakout] [No access for zufzuf]
How many times after a good couple of rounds we got overexcited and moved our troops to certain death?
[Image: zook11.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2012, 06:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 07:30 AM by cargol.)
Battle overview:22 minutes have passed and both of us are holding a part of the objective.
My loses are 2 HTs,1 Sherm(76mm) and 21 men while i ve destroyed 1 PzV,2 StuG and counted 25+ dead enemies so far.
I think i have the upper hand on this one mainly due to the fact that i ve caused more casualties (in terms of points) to my opponent.
I dont think that i ll be able to force him out of the objective area and i also dont think that he can do the same.I also think that i broke his offensive capability and from now on he ll have to adopt a defensive stance in order to prevent further loses.
Leasons learned so far:Always back up ur armour with infantry(even if it's a cheap LMG team) and especially in low visibility situations.
Flank security is vital and lack of it can lead to some serius loses.
Each unit must be given a task according to its potential and value.Otherwise high value assets might be used in secondary roles and vice versa affecting the overall effort.
04-16-2012, 08:53 AM,
It's definetly possible to force him out of the objective area. The questions is if it's worth the risk.If the 2 stugs+1 panthers were his only armor assets you should be able to identify his infantry positions with your own inf. and then blow them with your armor.If i counted it right you should still have 2 shermans and 1 M10. On ther other hand,if he still has at least one Panther in reserve,you might lose your exposed armor in less than a turn. In any case,i think it's more productive to let him make his moves. At this point he's at the losing end and unless he starts to attack he'll remain at the losing end.
Send this user an email
04-16-2012, 06:37 PM,
Not much happened during the last 3-4 minutes.My troops improved their positions by occupying some buildings and in this way moving my line forward .One 250/9 HT was destroyed by a Sherman and one Panzerschreck team was anihilated.My troops suffered no loses.
Zufzuf still has at least 1 StuG ,4 HTs and around 2(-) Plts of Infantry.I dont believe that he has the strength to attack in force although he might try a local attack in order to improve his position.
04-18-2012, 05:50 AM,
14 Turns till the end of the battle.Since my last report not much happened.
I ve lost 1 HT and 15 men, while zufzuf lost around 10 men in short, sharp firefights.
Our lines are more or less the same as little to no ground was gained from either side.
It seems that this will be the pattern till the end of the game with both sides preserving their men and ground gained.
04-18-2012, 11:09 AM,
I'm curios to see if zufzuf will push his remaining force in a one-last desperate attempt to change the battle course. The odds would definitely be against him,but if he just holds his ground he's heading towards certain defeat.
Send this user an email
04-19-2012, 04:37 AM,
A very good read. Thanks for doing this.
04-19-2012, 06:07 AM,
Yes, I am enjoying this too. Nice report so far! Salute2

Glad I have front row seat! Popcorn 2
04-19-2012, 10:37 AM,
Hello:
How do we know the German player is heading towards defeat? Is it just by a count of the dead troops and destroyed vehicles? As there is FOW, can one be sure of these headcounts?

Also do different vehicles count differently in terms of victory points?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

(04-18-2012, 11:09 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: I'm curios to see if zufzuf will push his remaining force in a one-last desperate attempt to change the battle course. The odds would definitely be against him,but if he just holds his ground he's heading towards certain defeat.

04-19-2012, 08:13 PM,
Yes,i'm estimating zufzuf at this point will lose the game based on the casualties both players have sustained.Zufzuf lost 1 Panther (about 350pts),2 stugs (2x290) and 1 halftrack(65 pts) for a total of about 1000 pts. On the other hand,cargol lost 1 sherman (250pts) and 2 halftracks (2x70pts) for a total of ~400 points. The infantry casualties appear to be roughly the same. In any case,even if cargol got more infantry casualties i doubt the difference is so big to cover the ~600 pts zufzuf needs to even things out.
Send this user an email