• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

7. cargol - zufzuf [Bootcampers Breakout]
04-12-2012, 06:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012, 03:44 AM by raz_atoth.)
7. cargol - zufzuf [Bootcampers Breakout]
cargol's comments about the game are to be posted in this thread...
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2012, 05:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 05:11 AM by cargol.)
RE: 7. cargol - zufzuf [Bootcampers Breakout] [No access for zufzuf]
Ok here are two screenshots of the battle map.
A birds eye view
[Image: Setup1.jpg]

A more close one.
[Image: Setup2-1.jpg]

This battle is going to be a night ME and the objective a village located at the middle of the map.
It will be interesting to see what force zufzuf will be purchasing as in a night time battle the advantage of superior(and more expensive) German armour is somehow lost as i expect all the tank duels to be fought in distances less than 200 meters.
More Big cats mean less infantry and that will be a problem in a battle like the one we have on our hands.
04-14-2012, 02:10 AM,
The map also negates any advantages the german armor might have.I guess it should be easy to flank the big cats with so many buildings around.
If i'd be playing this battle with the germans i think i'd go with an infantry heavy force. Covering the ground with panzershreks and perhaps 2-3 marders would take care of any allied armor threats. At the same time, the german infantry should have the upper hand due to superior automatic weapons at close range. And if this isn't enough it won't be easy for you to effectively use your arty because of LOS issues,unless you purchased a couple of TRPs.
All in one,you'll need to very carefully aproach this. If you won't closely support your inf. with tanks you're doomed to fail.
Send this user an email
04-14-2012, 06:58 AM,
My purchase is as follows
1 Inf Coy(3 Rifle Plts +Weapons Plt) and 1 Engineer Plt.
At each Rifle Plt i ve attached one M3 HT equipped with a 0,50'' MG.
I ve also purchased 2 Shermans(76mm), 1 Sherman (75mm) and 1 M10 Tank Destroyer.
My plan is simple i ll advance taking care of my flanks and occupy the objective.
Given the fact that the objective is too big for one player to control it all,i believe that the winner will be the one who will inflict more casualties to his opponent.
I also believe that my opponent will buy a couple of Big Cats as the temptation is too great to deny :)

04-14-2012, 02:38 PM,
Why the Engineer Plt? I don't think i saw any bocage they might break? And if my memory serves correct they are rifle-only?No automatic weapons for them,so that will put them as disadvantage when they'll engage their axis counterparts?
Send this user an email
04-14-2012, 08:02 PM,
I ve chosen the Eng Plt,altough they are carrying only rifles,mainly because of their charges as from inside a building they can use them with great effect against armour as zooks cant be used from inside a building.
I also have prepared some surprises for my opponent but i ll write more about them as the battle develops.
4 minutes have passed in the game and no contact.My troops are advancing according to plan and soon i ll be entering the objective area.
04-14-2012, 10:57 PM,
True. On the other hand an experienced player would never park his tanks next to an unsecured building ;)
Well...we'll just have to see how this one goes...
Send this user an email
04-15-2012, 12:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 12:27 AM by cargol.)
Turn 6 and we have contact!!
I ve decided to dispatch a small mechanised group and try to test my opponent's reactions.The plan is simple advance,outflank the enemy,create confusion,score some kills and disrupt his advance plan by planting a thorn in his side.
The red X indicates where the contact with the enemy was made.
[Image: Setupa.jpg]

While advancing my troops reported sounds probably coming from enemy unit,so i decided to give them a hunt order in the general direction of the enemy.Suddenly a Panther appeared and my HT started to fire its 0,50'' MG......
[Image: Setupb.jpg]
Unfortunately for my HT,the Panther wasnt impressed by the MG fire and with a well aimed shot knocked it out.
[Image: Setupc.jpg]
Few moments later my Sherman started to exchange shots with the Panther and managed to score to hit,forcing the big Cat to withdraw in order to lick its wounds....
Probably my hit damaged either its main gun or one of its basic systems but that we ll find it our later on.
[Image: Setupd.jpg]
04-15-2012, 12:36 AM,
Few words about this encounter.
It seems that my opponent cares,in principal, for its flanks and that it is why he placed the Panther there.His decision wasnt the best possible as he sacrificed many points for a secondary task(Panther costs almost 400 points in a veteran quality).Also his attempt for flank security wasnt succesfull as due to limited visibility(around 65 meters) a jeep of mine managed to slip through undetected.
04-15-2012, 12:37 AM,
At least you now know Big Cats are coming your way Big Grin Let's see how many of them...
Send this user an email