RE: 7. cargol - zufzuf [Bootcampers Breakout] [No access for zufzuf]
btw,happy Easter,Dimitris! ;)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2012, 06:23 AM,
Paste fericit, Raz!
04-15-2012, 07:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 07:55 AM by cargol.)
Action continues,Panther wasnt alone but zufzuf cleverly paired it together with a StuG which moved agressively and Knocked out my Sherm(76mm).Bad played from my part as i had to move away my Sherm the moment its position was revealed to the enemy.

Next turn my zook team which managed to slip through German attention engaged the StuG which killed my Sherman and scored two hits forcing it to withdraw(and most probably damaged it )
[Image: zook1.png]
The remaining HT of my small mechanised party sneaked in and managed to score some rear hits with its 0,50'' MG to the Panther which again popped smoke and retreated.Altough HT was bogged it managed to unstuck and retreated.Panther suffered two more hits by the zook team but is still alive(most probably severely damaged)
[Image: zook2.png]
04-15-2012, 08:18 AM,
I wouldn't count on zufzuf's armor being severely damaged. I've seen panthers take multiple side hits from bazookas and still being combat able.
You've gambled on speed over recon info in this battle and so far,you lost ;) We'll just have to see what zufzuf's next move will be. Interesting choice of getting a stug. Unlike CMx1 it's more cost-effective to go with a Pz 4 over a stug. One of the first lessons i learnt Big Grin
Send this user an email
04-15-2012, 08:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 08:26 AM by cargol.)
Overview of the flanking action:
My mechanised force engaged the flanking security detachment of zufzuf and although it suffered heavy casualties(1 tank and 1 HT destroyed) it did managed to damage both the StuG and the Panther and forced them to retreat.
If the flanking detachment was backed up by a squad of infantry or a scout team most probably my attempt would have failed totally so back up ur stationary armoured forces with infantry if possible and place Observation posts for early warning purposes.
Also flanking security is important but can be achieved with less and more ''cheap'' forces.

At the village both Axis and Allies have advanced and they are starting to deploy their troops for battle.Zufzuf advanced with a whole squad and a couple of HTs but GI was waiting for them.
Elsewhere another StuG was seen and started to shell my troops killing 3 of them with a HE shell.
[Image: zook3.png]
04-15-2012, 10:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 10:32 PM by cargol.)
Germans have tried again to push deeper in the village with a force of 1 Plt(-) of infantry,2 HTs and a StuG.At the beggining they ve gained some meters and forced 2 Half squads to retreat but then they were forced to a halt when my Sherman and infantry arrived at the scene.The StuG was abandoned by its crew and around 8 German casualties were counted.
German HTs retreated quickly to avoid destruction.
I estimate that of the original 1 Plt of Infantry which was operating in the area less than 40% is still active so i might think to push a bit forward.
It was a quick fierce action that showed zufzuf's offensive spirit.
Although at the beggining was succesful it quickly got stalled as it was lacking depth and was made without extensive recon.
Still situation is fluid and i think that the overall result will be decided on casualties.Good game so far from zufzuf.
04-15-2012, 10:33 PM,
Greate read! Keep it coming ;)
Send this user an email
04-16-2012, 02:49 AM,
i'm also enjoying these reports.
04-16-2012, 05:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 05:26 AM by cargol.)
I ve decided to use the remains of my mechanised group in order to flank my opponent
(having intel from my troops inside the village i knew a Panther had come to bolster its line)
[Image: zook4.png]
My move started to pay off, my zook team spotted the Panther and scored a penetration hit.Notice also the destroyed StuG from a previus action.
[Image: zook5.png]

Panther is burning and its crew is bailing out in a hurry.
[Image: zook7.jpg]

[Image: zook8.jpg]
04-16-2012, 05:37 AM,
In another part of the map zufzuf is trying to gain the initiative(maybe also due to the loss of the Panther earlier on) but his move was somehow reckless as it was made without previus recce of the area and infantry support.
[Image: zook10.jpg]