• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

7. cargol - zufzuf [Bootcampers Breakout]
04-20-2012, 02:14 PM,
RE: 7. cargol - zufzuf [Bootcampers Breakout] [No access for zufzuf]
Thanks. Is there a chart somewhere of the points value of the different units?

Gerry
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2012, 09:48 PM,
There isn't any chart that i know of :)
If someone would is willing to compile a list with the assets you can purchase in a Qb and it's associated cost..well...just let me know... He'll have my eternal gratitude ;)
Send this user an email
04-21-2012, 08:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2012, 08:09 PM by cargol.)
12 minutes left to go and my GIs cleared a couple of buildings moving the frontline little bit forward.An AT team of mine engaged what i think is the last operational StuG of zufzuf and forced it to retreat with a couple of riflegrenades.Although a hit was scored i dont think that i caused any damage on it.A 251/7 HT was engaged by a squad of engineers and all of its occupants were killed,leaving the vehicle with its engine running in no mans land.
I think that Jerry had enough and the fight is more or less over as for the last 5-6 minutes the Germans have adopted a totally passive stance.Probably due to heavy casualties sustained, their offensive capability is minimal.
04-22-2012, 07:13 AM,
7 minutes left,my troops slowly are moving forward gaining some ground in the process.
A German heavy MG was knocked out and 3 of its crew members were killed.The abandoned 251/7 was set ablaze by my Sherman and 7 more landsers were listed as casulaties during my advance.I ve lost 3 Infantrymen from small arms fire.
04-23-2012, 03:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012, 03:21 AM by cargol.)
Battle is over!!
[Image: final2.png]
Red line indicates the Allied frontline,Green the Axis line while yellow vertical lines are indicating no man's land.
[Image: final4-1.png]
As u can see from the AAR Germans suffered 50%(+) casualties among their infantry while they ve lost 75% of their armour and half of their mechanised assets.
The Amis had around 30% casualties among their infantry and 25% among their armour.
HT was the hardware which has suffered more for the Americans as they ve lost 75% of them.
Battle was tense till one moment and then gradually stalled with both parties consolidating their position.IMO zufzuf's purchase was sound although the Panther was a bit too much in a night battle and in an urban environment like that.
His main effort IMO was in the area where the Panther and the StuG were knocked out and also there was the high tide of the Germans in this battle.
Hope that zufzuf enjoyed the battle and the rest of you my AAR.
04-23-2012, 03:42 AM,
Congrats Cargol,well done zufzuf. That was certainly an interesting read.
I believe zufzuf made 2 critical errors which in the end cost him the game.
First,he purchased 3 stugs.Now,i don't know about you but with a Pz4 being cheaper than a stug i'll always prefer a panzer over a stug. It carries more ammo and it's more mobile. Not to mention it has a turret.
And second,zufzuf neglect to cover his flanks. And this cost him his panther and a least 1 stug.

In any case,this thread is now open to zufzuf too in case he's willing to share his opinions...
Send this user an email
04-23-2012, 04:16 AM,
Hi everyone!

First of all thanks for cargol for the great game and report. It was very fun so you can expect me to be a regular on the Blitz. Helmet Wink

About the game, I did not know about the PzIV cost-effectiveness but seems obvious now. And yes, it was a good lesson to remember to guard my flanks and use infantry recon before engaging with armor assets... I will try to watch out for these things in the next battle but I am happy I could manage an only minor defeat.

And just to spare on threads if anyone is interested in a game with me, bootcampers or regulars, just send the first turn to zufzuf at gmail.

zufzuf
04-24-2012, 01:14 AM,
RE: 7. cargol - zufzuf [Bootcampers Breakout]
Probably you'll want to post the challenge as a new thread and specify what you want to play [scenario/QB] etc.. It will be more visible this way ;)
Send this user an email