• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bugs? (but bought it anyway)
04-14-2012, 06:18 AM,
RE: Bugs?
I don't have any real life experiences with tanks.Actually,i don't recall having seen live a real tank ever Big Grin So i can't add anyting to the discussion from my own experience.
However,i've seen some quite lengthy threads on the bfc forums about tank accuracy and it seems certain people agree that the first shot was almost always a hit under 400m. Here's a quote from Battlefront found in this thread:
http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...ate&page=3
Quote: People have to remember that a good crew, decent LOS, should produce a hit first shot almost all the time when ranges are under 400m or so. Whether it is a Sherman 75 or a Panther, there should be an extremely small chance of a miss at such ranges. When you extend out from there things change dramatically.

Weather this is ineed true or not is beyond my limited knowledge in this area... ;)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2012, 08:59 AM,
RE: Bugs?
(04-14-2012, 06:18 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: I don't have any real life experiences with tanks.Actually,i don't recall having seen live a real tank ever Big Grin So i can't add anyting to the discussion from my own experience.
However,i've seen some quite lengthy threads on the bfc forums about tank accuracy and it seems certain people agree that the first shot was almost always a hit under 400m. Here's a quote from Battlefront found in this thread:
http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...ate&page=3
Quote: People have to remember that a good crew, decent LOS, should produce a hit first shot almost all the time when ranges are under 400m or so. Whether it is a Sherman 75 or a Panther, there should be an extremely small chance of a miss at such ranges. When you extend out from there things change dramatically.

Weather this is ineed true or not is beyond my limited knowledge in this area... ;)

That is what I said, it was expected that anything under 500m is a first round hit and is called battle range.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-14-2012, 01:05 PM,
RE: Bugs? (but bought it anyway)
Ok, just picked up the bundle pack for $66.00; I was going to buy Diablo III but that isn't getting very great reviews so here I am.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-14-2012, 01:36 PM,
I think that if you are a fan of CM, you would have been cheating yourself by not buying it now, and waiting for fixes. Every game has its glitches and compromises. If you know what they are, you can just play the game and except it. I don't think there are any show stoppers and now that you have money in it, you will learn the system.

Don't forget to remap the hotkeys to something that makes sense to you. That helped me a lot with CMSF.
04-15-2012, 05:15 AM,
The graphics are what sold me on it. Set up a battle, 12 M10 vs 5 panthers, end result 3 M10s left to no panthers in a knife fight.
05-04-2012, 11:48 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Bugs? (but bought it anyway)
Into my second game now and I must admit I was wrong to listen to all those who "poo-poo'ed" the game, it is really quite great and the graphics rock. Does everyone have the slow game map loads? When I load a turn it gets to 29% and sits there for about a minute or so then goes on. I have a very high end machine so I know it is not my CPU.
05-04-2012, 02:19 PM,
Depends on the size and detail of map and the number of units loading up, and i suspect how many orders are given during that particular turn, my PC is no slouch either and some loading times can be a bit long. I get the 29% load freeze too, in the end its not really a bother because the wait is usually worth it. Saw your post about Diablo III up there, played that open beta weekend and was not impressed, actually glad they had an open beta weekend because i might of just saved myself $60 which will be going to the CW module.
05-05-2012, 01:47 AM,
Thanks for replying. Both of my games are quite small but if it happens to everyone then I am ok with it. I love Diablo II but III is getting very poor reviews even from the testers, too bad too because I too had ear-marked the money for it.

When you get CW get a hold of me and we can give it a go, my two opponents only have original.
05-11-2012, 12:14 AM,
Just to put it into perspective:

I've been playing CMBN for almost a year now, and I'm hard pressed to think of a single day that I haven't at least sent a PBEM turn.

How many games can one say that about?

...and I'm not even running the CW module.
05-11-2012, 11:23 AM,
I send CM turns back every day from all versions, I have a great CMBO game going right now that has been a blast. I am only really disappointed with AK.