• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bugs? (but bought it anyway)
04-10-2012, 01:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 01:04 PM by Weasel.)
Bugs? (but bought it anyway)
Hi Guys; Still waiting (and wanting) to buy this game, love the graphics but still wondering about the big bugs the game had on release (tanks on move more accurate then dug in AT gun etc). Are these fixed yet?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 01:40 AM,
RE: Bugs?
I woudn;t exactly call them'big' bugs. There are bugs,like in every game out there,but all,in one,is perfectly playable.
The tanks on the move weren't more accurate than dug-in AT guns even with v. 1.00 .They were,granted,more accurate when firing on the move than they should have been. As far as i'm aware this has been fixed.
If you want my opinion,don't wait anymore and go for the game,lol. I bought both the base game and the CW module from the day they came out and i'm not regretting it! Big Grin
Send this user an email
04-11-2012, 05:56 AM,
The moving tank was the big one that concerns me but if it has been fixed then maybe....

Although I have asked others who own it and they give it an "EHH" when I ask what they think. Will think on it a bit more.

Thanks for the reply.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-11-2012, 12:21 PM,
I bought CMSF when they dropped the price on the bundle. The UI that I didn't like in the demo, is much easier to take when you paid for it. In other words you will try harder when you have money in it.
04-12-2012, 04:09 AM,
First, I noticed they dropped the price of BN+CW, however, on reading the BF forums there still seems to be some real mistakes in the game: units that can only be purchased in scenarios, not QB though in the old versions they could, tanks able to fire into second story building windows when parked below the window, not being able to fire hand held AT wpns in buildings ... then I stopped reading.

Think I will have to wait a bit longer; for the price I would expect better. Like one poster said, it seems that in some areas they went super realistic, and then in others they just threw things together and called it done.
04-12-2012, 06:33 PM,
1.I'm not aware of any units which might be purchased only in scenarios. You have full access to all units in QBs.
2. I didn't came across this issue... I'm not saying it's not there,i'm just saying that if an enemy tank is parked next to a building,your men inside are most likely long dead ;)
3. That's not a bug,it was coded as such. You can't fire bazookas/panzershreks from inside the building because due to the backblast they weren't fired from buildings in real-life. You can fire Piats from buildings,though.Or throw AT grenades.
Send this user an email
04-13-2012, 11:44 AM,
Here is the post about units not being available in QB:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...p?t=103846

And another about spotting tanks in woods

http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...p?t=103862
04-14-2012, 12:13 AM,
Ok, I played around with the demos again and spent most of my time at ground level...incredibly impressive and where the game shines. Now very much more tempted but just one question that those who own the full game can answer, do tanks always hit other tanks with the first shot? I don't think I had one miss the numerous times I have played.
04-14-2012, 01:41 AM,
(04-13-2012, 11:44 AM)Weasel Wrote: Here is the post about units not being available in QB:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...p?t=103846

And another about spotting tanks in woods

http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...p?t=103862

No wonder i never noticed those 2 halftracks were missing from the unit list in QBs ;) I'm not sure if it's a bug or if there is a real reason for not includint them,but what i can tell you is you'll pretty much never use it. It's more cost-effective to purchase off-map mortars. In any case,it's not something i'd consider anything else than a minor bug/slip.

Indeed, spotting needs to be tweaked a little. in 98% cases,it will work as expected,though.

I've seen tanks missing,but usually,i'd say there are about 95% chances they'll hit. From what i could read that's in agreement with real-life.

Send this user an email
04-14-2012, 05:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 05:53 AM by Weasel.)

I've seen tanks missing,but usually,i'd say there are about 95% chances they'll hit. From what i could read that's in agreement with real-life.

Nope, on the cougar tank trainer we use the optical system that was in the Sherman, graticule pattern and Mark I eye ball. First round is a miss 95% of the time, second round, if a good gunner (you take the spot where the round hit and move it onto your target which hopefully is stationary) hits about 80% and 3rd will normally hit. At battle range (500m or less) you are expected to hit with the first round as the trajectory is flat but I did miss with my first round in a night shoot, skimming the turret which would have killed the crew commander. No wonder they put me back to tank driving.