• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updating Scenarios in Data Base
01-11-2012, 11:12 AM,
RE: Updating Scenarios in Data Base
No Dave,

This was shoot over from the Wargamer some years back. I originally posted on the Wargamer back in '06 or '05 can't remember and saw that some blitz folks played it and actually rated it on the blitz site. But alas there was no download for others to enjoy.

Thought I would update the blitz community as this is the portal for CS hands down. If this works I have others I would like to add to blitz data base that are missing.

Thanks,

John
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 11:30 AM,
I'm thinking this is a log in issue. Can you log in to the site using the login button in the upper right corner? Then try uploading the scenario again?

Let me know. This is a different issue than not being able to modify what you put there in the first place.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-11-2012, 11:44 AM,
Dave, when I tried I was logged in. 2Cents

cheers

HSL
01-11-2012, 11:49 AM,
Ed, can you send me yours and the link to the scenario and let me try? I know adding a scenario to the database is working, since the new Korea scenarios were uploaded without a hitch. So I'm thinking your issue is different from John's. It would help Raz to know for sure, though.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM,
Gentlemen,
Can you please give me the link to one of your scenarios which you were trying to modify so i can further have a look at this?
Raz.
Send this user an email
01-11-2012, 08:22 PM,
Went to scenarios West Front.
Grabbed my Mes Amis, No they fight.

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Camp...7&ladder=2

Hit the "modify" button to see if I could update it, and got this message:

The only thing missing was the alarm bells and sirens! Yikes

Thanks Dave. Thanks my Prince!

:drink:

HSL
01-12-2012, 10:35 AM,
Sorry raz, I'm not good with links and that's my bad!!!! But I will say that when I tried I was logged in!

The zip for my file is below in this e-mail.
I'm not sure what is going on with the update to Counterattack on the Dubysa but I am beginning to think since it wasn't me that did the original update to the blitz database to include this scenario the system doesn't see me...in the past that is! However I am the designer of that scenario. Can we somehow save the scenario play results, delete the scenario info there and have me enter the scenario and repopulate the scenario play history? In that way I think nothing would be lost.

On a lighter note, I am sorry for all this confusion. But I see so many scenarios listed in the data base that have no downloads and I'm trying to fix that with mine.

Thanks
Ivan the Big:smoke2:
01-12-2012, 12:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012, 12:13 PM by Scud.)
John, you're confusing me. You're not trying to modify the scenario. Your scenario doesn't exist in the Blitz database. There's nothing to modify, right? I searched for it here, then went into the database and did a search there. There is no "Counterattack on the Dubysa", unless I'm totally misunderstanding you.

Make sure you're logging in in the upper right corner of the site. Then go to this link: https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/action=add_scenario.

Fill out the fields and hit the "add scenario" button at the bottom. Still get an error?

Dave
Send this user an email
01-12-2012, 08:01 PM,
Uh ... Dave? Search

I sorted the list by "author". Here it is in EFII listed with two more of his:

Scenario info is there but, not the downloadable scenario files.
I think the problem may be that John is using his "real" name and the dBase code only recognizes his "handle"? Thus Ivan the Big cannot update or upload to John Pirman's scenario.
That might be why HSL cannot upgrade Ed Silcox scenarios too?

Cheers2

HSL
01-12-2012, 08:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012, 08:09 PM by Huib Versloot.)
(01-12-2012, 08:01 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Uh ... Dave? Search

I sorted the list by "author". Here it is in EFII listed with two more of his:

Scenario info is there but, not the downloadable scenario files.
I think the problem may be that John is using his "real" name and the dBase code only recognizes his "handle"? Thus Ivan the Big cannot update or upload to John Pirman's scenario.
That might be why HSL cannot upgrade Ed Silcox scenarios too?

Cheers2

HSL

My handle is the same as my scenario author name, and I also could not modify my scenarios anymore. (same error as the screendump HSL posted earlier)
On a sidenote: it is recommendable to use the same name as handle and as scenario designer. Then all your scenarios will appear in your profile which is very convenient is you want to have an overview how much they are played, what the comments are etc.

Huib