• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New procedure to delete games results.
07-14-2011, 09:53 AM,
RE: New procedure to delete games results.
(07-14-2011, 09:39 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: At first i thought the procedure to replicate the issue was this:
1) I delete a game against opponent X from my profile.
2)I go to X's profile and click on the 'Delete' link next to the game in question
However,it works just fine from my tests as nothing happens on step 2)
Rick,can you please check who deleted those games for which you got emails?If it was an admin/custodian then it's ok as-unlike the regular users-they can delete any games without having to obey the 2 steps procedure.The rank has it's privileges,i guess..:))

Sorry, it's been a long day. Yes this is exactly what I did. After going to the results page a seeing both games still posted I went to my opponents profile a deleted the game from there.
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2011, 10:15 AM,
Can you please 100% confirm that game was removed from your profile?
Send this user an email
07-14-2011, 10:45 AM,
I just checked them Raz, and only 1 game report for today is there for the 2 players, Hog of War and Arkan. I don't believe either of them is an admin, and as Hog of War states he had to go to both profiles. Odd if it doesn't work that way for you Raz. Anyway, on the delete email, it states that Arkan deleted it, so it did come from Arkan's profile at least, presumably by Hog of War.
[Image: exercise.png]
07-14-2011, 09:15 PM,
I just checked the code and i can say with certainty that the name of the player who appears in the 'Deleted by..' part is the name of the currently logged user.This means it was 'Arkan' who deleted it.If it was a bug in the deletion system than that part would have been 'Deleted by Hog of War'.My best guess is Arkan deleted the game just when Hog of War was clicking the 'Delete' link on Arkan's profile thus causing the confusion.
But i guess it would be nice if Arkan could post and let us know if he deleted the game or not...
cheers
Send this user an email
07-15-2011, 07:11 AM,
Raz, I have to believe Arkan deleting it is unlikely, but while we wait to hear is it possible that your code is being interpreted as, if you're one of the two players and you're also a logged in player, delete is OK, rather than, you can only delete your own record if you are the logged in player?

I'd translate that into code, but apparently google translate isn't offering that feature yet. :)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-15-2011, 08:09 AM,
Unlikely yes...But the code does not lie :)) If Rick got an email with a line that looks like 'Deleted by Arkan' ,then it was Arkan-who deleted it.There is no bug involving that particular line of code and can't be ;)
Well,we'll just have to wait Arkan's reply about it...
Send this user an email
07-15-2011, 08:52 AM,
Raz, I sent you a PM on this. I asked Arkan through a PM about the situation, he replied promptly that he got the delete request, clicked the link, then got the deleted game report that Foul, Arkan, Hog of War and myself all got.

So I think things worked fine, it must have been pure coincidence that Hog of War went to the page too.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-16-2011, 03:29 AM,
Yes it was a coincidence :-) i was sitting in front of my computer, checking my mailbox when Hog of War reported our game. He made de mistake switching sides and i received a mail that he is trying to delete the game. I immediatly responded to it, probably at the same time Hog of War was trying on my profile.

Everything is ok guys Big Grin your new improvement works perfectly !!!
07-16-2011, 06:42 AM,
Excellent, thanks for the feedback guys! Big Grin