• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New procedure to delete games results.
07-14-2011, 07:32 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  New procedure to delete games results.
Gent's,
There has been a change to the procedure to delete game results, until now if you wanted to delete a game result you clicked the "delete" link on your profile page for the particular scenario in question.....

[Image: 127e6c939eDelete.jpg]

...but you now need the consent of your opponent for the game in question to complete the deletion procedure.

From today if you wish to delete a game result you still click this same link but now your opponent will be sent an Email with your request that they also click the "delete" link on their profile page (or a link included in the message) at which point the result will be removed and both players sent a confirmation message.

If you opponent does not respond to your request within a few days or there is a dispute regarding the result being deleted, the matter should be presented to the relevant ladder Commander, the Webmaster or myself, if that officer is satisfied the result should be removed they can complete the procedure themselves.
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2011, 07:40 AM,
RE: New procedure to delete games results.
I made a mistake today and went to both my own and my opponents profile pages and was able to delete the mistaken result (I gave myself the wrong side initially). This actually should not be allowed (I would think).
07-14-2011, 07:43 AM,
OK thanks for the info i will get the Webmaster to look into that. ;)
07-14-2011, 09:15 AM,
(07-14-2011, 07:43 AM)Foul. Wrote: OK thanks for the info i will get the Webmaster to look into that. ;)

Something to consider: recently I entered the wrong opponent in a game result. (Note to self: do not use the mouse wheel after selecting the opponent until you've clicked somewhere else on the page :conf:) Under the old system I could correct the result easily, but I could see this maybe causing a problem if an opponent who'd never heard of me was asked to allow a deletion.
07-14-2011, 09:25 AM,
(07-14-2011, 07:40 AM)Hog of War Wrote: I made a mistake today and went to both my own and my opponents profile pages and was able to delete the mistaken result (I gave myself the wrong side initially). This actually should not be allowed (I would think).

How exactly were you able to delete the game from your opponent's profile?I tried to replicate the same thing without any luck :-) Are you sure the game in question was really deleted?
Raz.

Send this user an email
07-14-2011, 09:32 AM,
Yes Raz, there were 2 game reports with the players switched, then one of them - the first - was deleted about 2 min later. This is based on the auto emails that came in, I thought it had to be either using the old web code, or using the new but with the second player going right in, although even then it seemed awfully fast.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-14-2011, 09:36 AM,
How exactly were you able to delete the game from your opponent's profile?I tried to replicate the same thing without any luck :-) Are you sure the game in question was really deleted?
Raz.

Stupid dumb luck??? It must have been deleted with my first attempt, but when i clicked delete in his profile I got the same message as when I deleted it from mine.
07-14-2011, 09:38 AM,
(07-14-2011, 09:32 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Yes Raz, there were 2 game reports with the players switched, then one of them - the first - was deleted about 2 min later. This is based on the auto emails that came in, I thought it had to be either using the old web code, or using the new but with the second player going right in, although even then it seemed awfully fast.

Rick

These games were deleted after Raz put the new code in place, i assumed that the result had been deleted using the new system, but that is not what Hog of War said?? :conf:
07-14-2011, 09:39 AM,
At first i thought the procedure to replicate the issue was this:
1) I delete a game against opponent X from my profile.
2)I go to X's profile and click on the 'Delete' link next to the game in question
However,it works just fine from my tests as nothing happens on step 2)
Rick,can you please check who deleted those games for which you got emails?If it was an admin/custodian then it's ok as-unlike the regular users-they can delete any games without having to obey the 2 steps procedure.The rank has it's privileges,i guess..:))
Send this user an email
07-14-2011, 09:40 AM,
(07-14-2011, 09:15 AM)Sgt Jasper Wrote: but I could see this maybe causing a problem if an opponent who'd never heard of me was asked to allow a deletion.
Then of course you do not carry out the action and contact your ladder Commander to make him aware of the situation. ;)