• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for opponent (pbem)
06-08-2011, 07:13 AM,
RE: Looking for opponent (pbem)
(06-08-2011, 01:37 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: What FGM unfortunately lacks is a real ladder system and a way to automatically track results/stats

Yep, this is true. The ladder over at FGM isn't as nice by far as the one at The Blitz. Personally I'm no ladderplayer so that is not that big an issue for me.

It sure is not my intention to "lure" people away from the Blitz to FGM, but it is all about the joy of play. In my experience/opinion FGM is livier for the CMx1 games then The Blitz is/was: more games, more tournaments. Perhaps that will change with CMBN, but already on the FGM there is an CMBN tournament going on....

BTW, like the new look of The Blitz !!
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2011, 02:39 PM,
(06-08-2011, 07:13 AM)Bert Blitzkrieg Wrote:
(06-08-2011, 01:37 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: What FGM unfortunately lacks is a real ladder system and a way to automatically track results/stats

Yep, this is true. The ladder over at FGM isn't as nice by far as the one at The Blitz. Personally I'm no ladderplayer so that is not that big an issue for me.
I'm not a ladder player myself if by that you mean a player who's ultimate goal is to just rank higher and higher. But it is nice to have it any be able to track your progress or to see what your opponent's stats are. Not critical but good to have,nonetheless Big Grin

(06-08-2011, 07:13 AM)Bert Blitzkrieg Wrote: It sure is not my intention to "lure" people away from the Blitz to FGM, but it is all about the joy of play. In my experience/opinion FGM is livier for the CMx1 games then The Blitz is/was: more games, more tournaments. Perhaps that will change with CMBN, but already on the FGM there is an CMBN tournament going on....
Well,i see there were 16 games reported on the CM1 ladder in the past 7 days so i wouldn't call it dead yet :) What is also true is the interest for CM1 is dwindling.Not just at theblitz but also at the FGM or other CM clubs.Which,i guess,it's natural: it's a 10 years old game and pretty much everything that could be said about game mechanics/tactics has been said.People will (more or less) slowly but surely give up on CM1 in favor of it's younger brother(s): CMBN (+modules)
I'm quite sure a CMBN tourney will be organized,quite soon,here too ;) Perhaps we can also have a friendly TheBlitz vs. FGM tournament organized in the near future.I for one,i'm sure it will benefit to the newly established CMBN community out there....

(06-08-2011, 07:13 AM)Bert Blitzkrieg Wrote: BTW, like the new look of The Blitz !!
As the man behind the design changes i can only be glad you like it Big Grin

Send this user an email
06-08-2011, 04:41 PM,
Well I am a ladder player. I like the competion. And maybe I'll give it a go on FGM also but at this moment I'm fine here and have 4 games going. :whis:

Live is ours, we life it our way!

[07-06-2011] quote from my wife: "Off to bed children, daddy wants to have a nice relaxing evening of combat"  -Damn I love her- :Grin2:

[email protected]