• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Blitz site launch soon!!
01-16-2010, 09:12 AM,
RE: New Blitz site launch soon!!
(01-16-2010, 04:34 AM)Foul. Wrote: Glenn,
Out of interest which IE are you using, i tested the site with IE7 and then upgraded to IE8 and it works OK for me.

Anyway, glad you found a fix. :)

It is IE 8 and it won't work here at the office or on my Vista Laptop at home. I haven't checked my main desktop system running XP and IE 8 yet

On Brian suggestion I loaded Firefox here for now at least but I sure would like to stay in IE world ...and I wonder how many other may be having the same issue as me.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2010, 09:24 AM,
This definetly isn't a browser related issue.It couldn't work just in Firefox,but not in IE.Most likely is because some cookies from the old forum remained set;clearing them should do the trick.So,basically what you need to do is:
1)Clean the cookies
2)login on the site
3)login on the forum
Oh,and i'm writing this post from my shiny new IE8 Big Grin
Send this user an email
01-16-2010, 03:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2010, 03:01 PM by Dog Soldier.)
Guys,

Follow Raz's solution above, even if you did it before. Lots of things are being tweaked in this intital go live period.

It is best if you first log in to the site using the log in prompt in the upper right hand corner.

Then navigate to the MB and login to the message board again.

Now I know some of you are going why two log ins? Well, the answer is that a universal login would have required more coding and delayed the site launch. Raz wanted to get it up and "out there" for some things never show up until one "goes live".
One other problem will be that many members have different passwords for the main site and the MB log in. This simply happens over time. So, please put up with the double log in for a while and do it in the order I suggest above. Everything seems to work much better that way.

Once the minor bug swatting settles down, making the continued enhancements we left on the cutting floor so we could "go live" will get done.

If you are still having problems post them here and we get them resolved. The nice to haves will come... count on it.

If you want things faster, be sure to send an expensive bottle of wine to Raz with your request. Big Grin

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-16-2010, 04:12 PM,
Glenn and others with problems logging into the message boards using IE8. I run it at home, and I open the Blitz to the message boards - that is my "home page" for my system and has been for years. With the new site, if I open the site to my home page, it states I am a guest and I can't log in effectively. However, if I click on G-3/Ops then Message Boards it shows me logged in and everything works fine from there. I have to do this each time I open IE.

Raz, maybe this will help you fix the problem long term - I am guessing the others with the problem are going straight to the forums, bypassing the Blitz home page, as I do, and so don't click on the Message Boards button you have, which appears to drop the reading of the cookie maybe???

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-16-2010, 04:37 PM,
Well I'll be damned - that worked Rick.
BTW - in the interim I downlaod Chrome and that worked for me and hadn't broken yet.

Anyway - going in through the main page takes a few extra clicks but I can get there at least.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-18-2010, 03:18 AM,
What's making it harder is i cannot-for the life of me-replicate this bug on my end,using IE8.Whatever i do www. or no www. i still am marked as loged :)
Anyhow,i updated the message board link to https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/ ,just to see how it's working.
Send this user an email
01-18-2010, 03:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2010, 03:34 AM by Ricky B.)
Changed as my original post was wrong. The problem here is due to the www. being at the beginning of the message boads link. All the site links are using it now and cause me to show Guest for login. However, by removing the www. at the beginning in the address bar and then going to it the site shows logged in just fine. More details under the Bugs forum at the top.

Thanks Raz
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-18-2010, 04:59 AM,
Hey! i can't attach files neither with opera, IE8, Chrome or Firefox! Anyone could tell me why?
01-18-2010, 05:47 AM,
Do you get an error message,or anything?
Send this user an email
01-18-2010, 06:15 AM,
(01-16-2010, 04:12 PM)Ricky B Wrote: ...With the new site, if I open the site to my home page, it states I am a guest and I can't log in effectively. However, if I click on G-3/Ops then Message Boards it shows me logged in and everything works fine from there...

This worked for me as well. When I go through the G-3/Ops, I can now login to the forum. Before when I tried it, it kept logging me in as "Guest". Thanks for the info!

BTW, the new Blitz website is awesome! :)
Send this user an email