• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB Dying
09-22-2008, 04:11 AM,
RE: CMBB Dying
Mad Russian Wrote:Did you show him your medals?

Good Hunting.

MR

LMAO!!!! Big Grin
I almost wet myself laughing! :)
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2008, 04:15 AM,
This thread started off with idea's on how to help other players with the Vista/CM problem. Can we keep it on subject? :rolleyes:
09-22-2008, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2008, 04:38 AM by Lord Bane.)
MR Wrote:
Quote:... I'm surprised that you didn't get in the Master's Tournament.

I thought about it but decided not to based on two things.
Your tournaments take too long to complete. Since you allow anyone to enter you get guys who think it is acceptable to send one file every other day. That is just too slow for me. I usually finish my game within a couple weeks and then wait months for the rest of the pack. I prefer faster paced tournaments. Of course that is not a knock on you because you are going for max participation.
I got the feeling from the KOTH2 tourney that the tournament was a way to playtest scenarios. It was just my perception but I didn't really like that. But overall I did have a lot of fun with that tourney when I was actually playing and not waiting (months) for the next round.
I do wish you luck with your masters tourney and am sure it will be a great success.

Lord Bane (FGM)
09-22-2008, 05:59 AM,
British Tommy Wrote:This thread started off with idea's on how to help other players with the Vista/CM problem. Can we keep it on subject? :rolleyes:

Well,i'm proud to inform you i've just made the big step and i'm a Vista user for the previous 20 minutes ;) CM works just fine from what i could see,with my ATI 2900 pro video card.The only catch is that i have to use-just like with XP-an older driver.Anything newer than Catalyst 7.11 doesn't do it :(
Send this user an email
09-22-2008, 06:20 AM,
Raz,
Good to hear you can play the CM games on your new computer :)

I forgot to mention the quirky bits while playing both games.
I get a sound loop when a replay finishes.
When it comes to saving a turn, sometimes the box doesn't show up correctly but it's easy enough just to change the turn number and hit the enter key.
If I come across any others, I will post here :)
09-22-2008, 10:04 AM,
I had several problems with CMBB when I first got my new PC with Vista, among them the sound loop at the end of the replay and also the file folder that I could never find to get the latest file and send it back to my opponent.

The single most effective fix for me was to disable the User Account controls. If, like 99 % of cumputer users, you have a PC that you are the only user, I suggest you try this fix first.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
09-22-2008, 02:33 PM,
raz_atoth Wrote:
Ratzki Wrote:Ubunntu has no issues running both CMBB or CMAK. I was using that before Vista. I will probably go back soon. Just do not seem to have the time.

How did you made CM work with Ubuntu?With Cedega?Wine?
Btw,just in case you didn't know,you can have both Ubuntu(or any other linux flavors) and Windows installed on the same PC.

I tried the both of them on my old machine before it packed it in. I believe that it was Cedega that made it go. I had a dual boot as well, like you mentioned. I liked Ubuntu as it was alot more difficult for my 12 year old to screw things up. I have the ATI HD 2600 XT graphics card in my pc at the moment.
09-24-2008, 12:46 AM,
Jobu88 Wrote:I had several problems with CMBB when I first got my new PC with Vista, among them the sound loop at the end of the replay and also the file folder that I could never find to get the latest file and send it back to my opponent.

The single most effective fix for me was to disable the User Account controls. If, like 99 % of cumputer users, you have a PC that you are the only user, I suggest you try this fix first.

My wife has a Vista machine and I'm in negotiations with her to see if she will let me put it on there as a test...:hissy:

BUT she's not sure since she's having some Vista issues of her own.
I told her it may have to do with the " The single most effective fix for me was to disable the User Account controls"

How do you disable the User Account controls?

Good Hunting.

MR
09-24-2008, 12:56 AM,
Steve,
Try the control panel (start, setting, control panel).
I switched to Windows classic and the computer seems to run faster now :chin:
09-24-2008, 01:24 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:How do you disable the User Account controls?

Good Hunting.

MR

Start->Control Panel->User Accounts and family safety->User Accounts(or just User Accounts if you switched to classic).You should see a link 'Turn user Account Control On or off'.
Hope this helps cheers
Send this user an email