• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB Dying
09-20-2008, 11:17 AM,
CMBB Dying
Here's an example of what I'm talking about Lord Bane:

Quote:Well it appears I've mucked this up for you. I didnt realize it was a CMBB tourney. That software is non-functional on the computer I have access to. Only CMAK will run. So unless you know how to run CMBB on Vista, Im hosed. Sorry for messing things up for you.

I can clearly see just how long tournaments and the CM world will continue to be running CMBB.

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2008, 12:44 PM,
RE: CMBB Dying
As far as CMBB goes, all completed games at the Blitz come across my desktop so to speak.

And I have seen no slow down in the rate of play amongst CMBB. Most games sent into the depot for sceario testing are CMBB then CMAK.

Over at the FGM, the Domination tournament is using CMBB mostly, for our Russian front battles, lots of them going.

So in my humble opinion its a very used game and I am yet to see it dying off.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
09-20-2008, 12:52 PM,
Wigam Wrote:As far as CMBB goes, all completed games at the Blitz come across my desktop so to speak.

And I have seen no slow down in the rate of play amongst CMBB. Most games sent into the depot for sceario testing are CMBB then CMAK.

Over at the FGM, the Domination tournament is using CMBB mostly, for our Russian front battles, lots of them going.

So in my humble opinion its a very used game and I am yet to see it dying off.

Maybe so but I don't see gamers complaining of not being able to play CMAK on Vista.

You can deny all you want. The proof is that gamers aren't being able to play CMBB on some of the newer upgraded computers. That's a fact. It's not an opinion.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-20-2008, 01:00 PM,
That is not in dispute at all. The amount of CMBB games still being played is not showing it dying off.

Are you happy to think that its dying off ? Why ?

A good discussion on CMBB is good but it seems your pushing an agenda ?

Am I wrong ?

The simple fact is games are still being played and being reported. For the fact that it is dying off does it matter. Do you play it ? If you do what can we do about it if anything ? If you don't whats the point ?
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
09-20-2008, 01:35 PM,
Wigam Wrote:That is not in dispute at all. The amount of CMBB games still being played is not showing it dying off.

Are you happy to think that its dying off ? Why ?

No, Lord Bane and I were having a discussion about the longevity of CMx1. I'm certainly not happy that BFC has abandoned the series.

Quote:A good discussion on CMBB is good but it seems your pushing an agenda ?

An agenda? What in the world would I have an agenda about CMBB not being supported and slowly going away with each new computer system that has Vista loaded on it?

Quote:Am I wrong ?

I don't know. Haven't figured out what possible agenda I could have for CMBB slowly dying. Again. That's a fact not an opinion.

Quote:The simple fact is games are still being played and being reported. For the fact that it is dying off does it matter. Do you play it ? If you do what can we do about it if anything ? If you don't whats the point ?

Yes, I play it until such time as I'm forced to buy a new computer as well. Then I'll lose CMBB as well.

Nothing. This discussion wasn't about what we can do about it. It's about answering Lord Banes questions about just how deeply CMBB is being affected by Vista.

Nice to see you join the discussion though.

Even if you are coming in late with an apparent agenda.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-20-2008, 02:00 PM,
MR,
Stop with the Negative waves Moriarty! I am betting that the same poor sap who emailed you that he had to drop out of your tournament due to Vista is probably now playing game after game of CMBB until the wee hours of the morning. The reason I am willing to bet that is because I know for a fact that there are many Vista users out there playing CMBB! That is not my opinon, that is a fact. If you need instructions on how to configure your Vista to play CMBB, I would suggest Shooting Bootie an email and I am sure he will walk you through it.
I know that you want to have a discussion about this but I am still firmly of my opinion that CMBB and all CM will be around for years to come and your not going to change my mind. So I guess this is all I really have to say about it other than five years from now you can come over to the FGM and play in one of our Tournaments that will still be using CMBB!
I will agree with you about one thing though. Damn BFC and their ways for discontinuing CMx1! Those dirty, rat B@&%&^ds! (But if the ever do put out the CMC game and it is good, then I guess I will forgive them.)

Lord Bane (FGM)
09-20-2008, 02:39 PM,
I have a new(er) computer and run CMBB and CMAK on Vista with no issues whatsoever. The graphics cards drivers are more the problem now. I have to run through a few drivers to get mine to work, but now, no issue at all. I would like to see what BFC will do if CMC is a huge success.
09-20-2008, 05:59 PM,
What I would like to see on our message board not the down side of our gaming club, but more information on how to make Vista work with CMBB CMAK....It does seem that players are giving up the gaming world because of the lack of knowledge on how to make the system work......My self I have got my old system and may it last for ever, but should it give up on me I for one wouldn't know what to go and buy so that I could carry on playing........So how about some information published to help people to purchase or run what they have bought already.....Now for me that would be helpful instead of the Down side.....Bearing in mind we are not all Wizards in the PC world.

cheers Ted
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
09-20-2008, 06:27 PM,
It is a graphic card and driver problem when it comes to CMBB and CMAK.
I tried running both games without the patches and had to exit the games then patch them up. I've tried adjusting the graphics card settings (Geforce 8400 GS) but it only made it worse.
Both games are playable but both play like I'm using a old computer (units and mouse movement are jerky). Now if I wasn't such a big fan of both games I would of uninstalled them by now.
So just think of new players who bought the game, installed them only to find these type of problems. Most certainly most will move onto to something else.
09-20-2008, 10:48 PM,
Lord Bane Wrote:MR,
Stop with the Negative waves Moriarty! I am betting that the same poor sap who emailed you that he had to drop out of your tournament due to Vista is probably now playing game after game of CMBB until the wee hours of the morning. The reason I am willing to bet that is because I know for a fact that there are many Vista users out there playing CMBB! That is not my opinon, that is a fact. If you need instructions on how to configure your Vista to play CMBB, I would suggest Shooting Bootie an email and I am sure he will walk you through it.

I know there are many early Vista users that managed to make the game work but from what I've seen not any of the ones buying it now.

The issue is the way the graphics cards display. The newer graphics cards seem to not support the graphics in CMBB. Again, all I hear are complaints of CMBB not working. Nothing for CMAK because apparently it uses a different graphics setup.

What I may do is to try putting CMBB on my wifes PC and see how it runs. She runs a new Vista laptop. From what I've read the graphics won't run on it. But I've not tried it.

Could be that he's playing CMBB but to get out of a tournament before it starts all you have to do is say I'm leaving.......not make up excuses.

Quote: I know that you want to have a discussion about this but I am still firmly of my opinion that CMBB and all CM will be around for years to come and your not going to change my mind. So I guess this is all I really have to say about it other than five years from now you can come over to the FGM and play in one of our Tournaments that will still be using CMBB!

That will work. But within the next year I'm going to have to buy a new computer and all I see tells me that CMBB wont' be being played on it.

I've followed the Vista threads here with great interest because I'm at the point where I'm going to have to bite the bullet pretty soon and upgrade.

Quote: I will agree with you about one thing though. Damn BFC and their ways for discontinuing CMx1! Those dirty, rat B@&%&^ds! (But if the ever do put out the CMC game and it is good, then I guess I will forgive them.)

Lord Bane (FGM)

For me personally I guess this lies at the bottom of the issue. BFC wants us to buy CMC. Yet it's known that Vista causes problems with the graphics in CMBB but not CMAK. In that case it seems only reasonable that they do a patch for CMBB where those graphics work with Vista. Instead of leaving the systems behind.

Are you running a Vista machine or do you still have another OS on your system?

I run XP and really don't want to upgrade to Vista. While my wife has a Vista machine and loves it I've heard and read far too much about how it affects games to be happy with upgrading to it.

At least I have a PC and not a Mac and have played alot of these games to begin with.

Good Hunting.

MR