• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB Dying
09-21-2008, 10:31 PM,
RE: CMBB Dying
Quote:Sooner or later there will be an XP-emulator program on which you can play CMBB and old XP games.

There is already a program called Virtual PC that basically lets you runs XP format on a vista machine. Not sure if CMBB and other games can then be run on it though...[/quote]
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2008, 11:23 PM,
kineas Wrote:There's a lot more good (and bad) things about PC what I won't address in this post. I also know it's my personal preference and some likes the reduced detail in PC more. The majority - I doubt. They still here playing CM.

I think both systems have merit.

PC is still evolving. CMx1 isn't. That's a major reason that I think anyone interested in what the next tac WWII WeGo game looks like should be over at Matrix talking on their forums.

Good Hunting.
MR
09-21-2008, 11:50 PM,
Mad Russian Wrote:PC is still evolving. CMx1 isn't.

Ha ha ha, CM1 is good enough as it is, it doesn't really need to 'evolve'..:)
Same with chess, it's been played for centuries and is as popular as ever, so that doesn't need to evolve either..:)

Furthermore, CM can be played in a multitude of different ways to keep it as fresh as ever, the permutations are endless so it's up to scen and tourney designers to keep presenting stunning new creations to the CM community, not go around like defeatists wailing 'CMBB is dying'..;)

For example I've just launched my 'Night Battle' game (see thread) set in thick fog at night, giving a visibility of only 30 metres, that's what I mean about keeping CM fresh with all sorts of exciting new parameters..:)

As for PCK there are still major issues that need to be resolved, I've told designer Rutins about them but he refuses to listen, so I've abandoned PCK completely and told him so.
09-21-2008, 11:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2008, 01:10 AM by Lord Bane.)
MR Wrote:
Quote:I was just showing Lord Bane that there are lots of Vista users out there that can't play CMBB. There are two sets of Vista users where CMBB is concerned from what I can see.

Well, not sure what to say about that. If they (ie. the poor saps) really wanted to play CMBB they could. It might mean buying a new graphic card or an old PC but I am pretty sure that there are solutions that they can turn to. I have heard many in this thread and that is what I would do. The two sets of Vista users that I can see are those that want to play CMBB and those who say they do, but really don't. Or at least are not motivated enough to make it happen.

My advice to you is just to accept the inevitable. Go upgrade your computer to Vista and kiss CMBB good bye. Embrace the Horror! I don't think you should lose another minutes sleep over it.

As for a topic section dedicated to "How to keep your games going with Vista", you would have to petition the Blitz staff for that.

Lord Bane (FGM)
09-22-2008, 01:06 AM,
Ubunntu has no issues running both CMBB or CMAK. I was using that before Vista. I will probably go back soon. Just do not seem to have the time.
09-22-2008, 01:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2008, 01:14 AM by Lord Bane.)
POS wrote:
Quote:...it's up to scen and tourney designers to keep presenting stunning new creations to the CM community, not go around like defeatists wailing 'CMBB is dying'..;)

ROTFLMAO.....Amen to that.:kill:
Lord Bane (FGM)
09-22-2008, 02:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2008, 02:03 AM by Mad Russian.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Furthermore, CM can be played in a multitude of different ways to keep it as fresh as ever, the permutations are endless so it's up to scen and tourney designers to keep presenting stunning new creations to the CM community, not go around like defeatists wailing 'CMBB is dying'..;)

Oh, you mean like the Masters Tournament. A tournament for all the CM sites...I see...I'll get right on that.....

Quote:As for PCK there are still major issues that need to be resolved, I've told designer Rutins about them but he refuses to listen, so I've abandoned PCK completely and told him so.

Maybe, the problem is that Rutins isn't the designer. Maybe, it's that they just don't realize who they were talking with. Did you show him your medals?

Good Hunting.

MR
09-22-2008, 02:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2008, 02:56 AM by Mad Russian.)
Lord Bane Wrote:POS wrote:
Quote:...it's up to scen and tourney designers to keep presenting stunning new creations to the CM community, not go around like defeatists wailing 'CMBB is dying'..;)

ROTFLMAO.....Amen to that.:kill:
Lord Bane (FGM)

Speaking of which, I'm surprised that you didn't get in the Master's Tournament.

I was figuring you would be one of the top guns....:bow:

That tournament has CMBB scenarios in it....starts off with 3....:whis: Big Grin

Good Hunting.

MR
09-22-2008, 03:36 AM,
Ratzki Wrote:Ubunntu has no issues running both CMBB or CMAK. I was using that before Vista. I will probably go back soon. Just do not seem to have the time.

How did you made CM work with Ubuntu?With Cedega?Wine?
Btw,just in case you didn't know,you can have both Ubuntu(or any other linux flavors) and Windows installed on the same PC.
Send this user an email
09-22-2008, 04:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2008, 04:15 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Mad Russian Wrote:Maybe, it's that they just don't realize who they were talking with. Did you show him your medals?

Why should I? I'm not on Matrix's payroll so it's no skin off my nose if they don't want to listen to my advice about how to make PCK into the most fantastic WW2 tactical combat game in the history of the world..;)
The moral?- come along for the ride with uncle POS or get left behind..:)

[Image: poshe.png]

PS- Anyway I'm off to watch "Killer Hyenas" on channel 5 TV soon-
"Austin Stevens heads for the Rift Valley where he straps a camera to his head and enters the den of these dangerous creatures to flush them out"

Hmm sounds good