• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-08-2008, 11:47 AM,
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
send me the map please. I might give this one a try - dkchapuis at yahoo dot com
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2008, 05:40 PM,
nice idea pos .you can count me in.i have time right now for games (see your pm i send you ;) ).
02-08-2008, 07:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2008, 07:04 PM by RNL Tiger.)
This looks too good to miss! So, count me in too please as Axis, although I have almost no time to play with World of Warcraft running as well! :-)
02-09-2008, 01:08 AM,
PS - In case everybody is waiting for me to personally invite them to sign up, DON'T WAIT, just put your name down, it'd be too time-consuming for me to send everybody in Blitz and every other club an individual embossed invite because i'd have to look up all their addresses and stuff..:)

Another thing, I usually return files the same day, so if you don't hear from me for a couple of days it either means my PC is bust or I'm dead, so DON'T WAIT, mail me to find out..:)
02-09-2008, 01:11 AM,
Put my name on the list,as well,mate cheers
Send this user an email
02-09-2008, 03:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 09:41 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - DasTiger scores the first kill of the competition!

PIC 1 - My 3 x Shermans took up this excellent hulldown position to cover the village, but are confronted by several Hetzers (and/or Stugs), and the shooting begins..
The leftmost Sherman is a VC Firefly but can't see the Hetzers because trees are in the way, so it's left to the 2 x 75mm Shers to return fire, but their hits just ricochet off the Hetzers.
Eventually the rightmost Sher chickens and slams into reverse (purple dotted line) but is cut down..
[Image: DTX.gif]

PIC 2 - The engagement as seen from the German side. (Extreme f.o.w possibly conceals the true identity of the 'Stugs')
[Image: DTY.gif]
02-09-2008, 04:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2008, 04:40 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Elltee's Sher 105 stops my infantry in their tracks..

After sprinting hard along open paved roads across half the map, they're brutally halted by this 105mm high-explosive shell just scant yards from the safety of a building..
(PS - the extreme fow says Sher 75 but I know from the thunderous roar it's really a (gulp) 105)
[Image: ElltZ.gif]
02-09-2008, 05:32 AM,
Oops, I didn't pick a side yet. I flipped a coin and came up with Germans.

Best to send game files/turns to Embarq instead of Yahoo address:

[email protected]

~~MB :smoke:
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
02-09-2008, 10:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 09:41 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (woods sector) - DasTigers German patrol aggressively probes forward..

Forcing my outnumbered halfsquad to wisely take cover to remain unspotted..
[Image: DTS.gif]
02-09-2008, 10:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 09:42 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) -DasTigers German infantry make a bold dash for the church..

But are cut down by a hail of rifle fire from my Brit infantry occupying buildings on both sides of the square..
[Image: DTU.gif]