• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panthers penetration
10-02-2007, 02:55 AM,
RE: Panthers penetration
I assumed that the first M10 had to have exploded, for the second one to have had received enough destructive damage, to put it out off action.

Walkure does not mention an explosion, in his original post on this issue.
How about a little verification Walkure!?
Did the first M10 go up in flames, or not?
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2007, 05:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2007, 05:20 AM by The Coil.)
Soldier Wrote:How about a little verification Walkure!?
Did the first M10 go up in flames, or not?

Walkure Wrote:it may have being the explosion from the first tank. but damn that really sucked.

Emphasis mine...
10-02-2007, 05:41 AM,
I do recall reading that statement now.. Thanks!
10-02-2007, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2007, 10:19 AM by Mad Russian.)
The Coil Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:BUT jawsconan is right. No, explosion and no collateral damage either.

:conf:

If you have no explosion you cannot have collateral damage..it's quite simple...

Things have to blow up, or be blown up, before more than one can be affected. You cannot make this happen with an AP round.

Good Hunting.

MR
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:
The Coil Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:BUT jawsconan is right. No, explosion and no collateral damage either.

If you have no explosion you cannot have collateral damage..it's quite simple...

Things have to blow up, or be blown up, before more than one can be affected. You cannot make this happen with an AP round.

Good Hunting.

MR

I'm not 100% convinced of that statement,MR :) I'm quite sure i've seen in-at least one of my games-how two opened topped vehicles(Marders in this particular games),very close one to another,were knocked out with a single shoot,without either of them being blown up.I have no real-life experience with armor penetration,but don't some fragments start flying around when a tank is hit,even if it doesn't explode?
Send this user an email
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM,
Well it did blow up and it took out the back m10. it was just incredible, i almost threw my PC out the window after running out of hair to pull.

Walkure:chin:
10-02-2007, 12:54 PM,
Mad Russian Wrote:
The Coil Wrote:

Good Hunting.

MR

MR,

I think you missed the point of my confusion. Walkure had already stated in a previous post that there had been an explosion, so I was confused by why you were stating that there was "no explosion, and no collateral damage either."

And I think your statement above is correct, but it bears clarifying: An AP round can't knock out 2 vehicles, but an AP round can cause an explosion in one vehicle that knocks out a nearby vehicle - some might call that an AP round knocking out 2 vehicles, but it's really a matter of semantics...
10-02-2007, 02:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2007, 02:45 PM by Mad Russian.)
The Coil Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:
The Coil Wrote:

Good Hunting.

MR

MR,

I think you missed the point of my confusion. Walkure had already stated in a previous post that there had been an explosion, so I was confused by why you were stating that there was "no explosion, and no collateral damage either."

And I think your statement above is correct, but it bears clarifying: An AP round can't knock out 2 vehicles, but an AP round can cause an explosion in one vehicle that knocks out a nearby vehicle - some might call that an AP round knocking out 2 vehicles, but it's really a matter of semantics...

I understood you. I just wanted to clarify my own statement about there needing to be an explosion involved in more than one vehicle getting killed is all.

Whether that explosion is an HE round or a vehicle blowing up , a bomb, an artillery shell...it must be an explosion of some sort, which AP rounds do not supply for there to be collateral damage enough to take out another vehicle.

Good Hunting.

MR
10-02-2007, 02:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2007, 02:55 PM by Mad Russian.)
raz_atoth Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:
The Coil Wrote:

Good Hunting.

MR

I'm not 100% convinced of that statement,MR :) I'm quite sure i've seen in-at least one of my games-how two opened topped vehicles(Marders in this particular games),very close one to another,were knocked out with a single shoot,without either of them being blown up.I have no real-life experience with armor penetration,but don't some fragments start flying around when a tank is hit,even if it doesn't explode?

Yes, there are instances where more than one tank has been killed by the same round. Not the tanks armour coming apart and penetrating the other tank but the initial AP round going through the tank and striking the next one.

There is at least one instance I know of where a single round took out three tanks. There is also an instance of a British tank gunner that hit an Iraqi truck at 5km on the first shot. Things like laser range finders and depleted uranium rounds make that sort of stuff possible.

Things like that can happen today but it wasn't unheard of for WWII tank guns to kill more than one tank with a single round.

Good Hunting.

MR