• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panthers penetration
09-30-2007, 04:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2007, 04:19 AM by Walkure.)
Panthers penetration
OK here is one for the records books i think. i just had two M10's taken out by one shot. They were facing a panther about 150 yds dead ahead. one of the panther shots penetrated thr front turret of the front M10 and kept going and killed the second about 15 yads behind ?
Has anybody ever seen that ?

WalkureFiery
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2007, 04:58 AM,
RE: Panthers penetration
Are you sure the shot continued through the first TD and into the second?

Perhaps the explosion from the first TD killed the second.
09-30-2007, 07:03 AM,
Could have been a concussive explosion
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-30-2007, 07:06 AM,
could be, but it still sucks:angry:

Walkure
09-30-2007, 07:08 AM,
I know !

But I feel your pain !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-30-2007, 07:11 AM,
saved the turn?
got the file?
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-30-2007, 11:29 AM,
Was there hit text on the second one? Are you sure there wasn't an unspotted shooter?
09-30-2007, 12:07 PM,
I once had a Sherman 105 (mine) destroy a building with a Panther behind it. When the building fell down the crew abandoned the tank(his).

I have had multiple instances of where smaller soft skin/open topped vehicles have been either destroyed or abandoned by vehicles close to them exploding. I no longer keep those kind of vehicles close to each other for support. Not within 30 meters.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-30-2007, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2007, 12:19 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Hey Walkure, send me the friggin file and password so I can analyse it frame-by-frame..:)
I did that a while back when somebody said one shot killed two tanks, I analysed his movie and saw an AP-shot hit and kill one tank and a fragment seemed to ricochet off and kill another nearby..

PS - And as Mad Russian says, some AFV's are very vulnerable to blast if another one explodes nearby..
Check it -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=39834
09-30-2007, 09:11 PM,
In Enigma's 'RELAX' I had to bring my infantry close to the enemy.

Just before the vehicles started to withdraw there was a shot...1 shot...and it blew me from my chair....

[Image: Relax-17.jpg]

lost all trucks and some carriers...

same goes for what MR says...buildings and the blastwave
firing heavy guns from next to a building...returning blastwave knocked out my 88

KWhip
visit WaT HERE!!!