• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Problems with Googlemail.
01-16-2007, 11:10 PM,
RE: Problems with Googlemail.
I have just installed Firefox 2 and Thunderbird, both seem to be working fine. Only problem so far is, surprise surprise, Google mail wont connect to Thunderbird....says server error. Maybe that's part of the problem we are having anyway?

Ooh...Firefox 2 has a spell check in text windows, damn i cant get away with spelling mistakes now. LOL

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2007, 03:21 AM,
All is A-OK now....thanks for your help guys.

Thunderbird is go. Big Grin

cheers
01-17-2007, 03:23 AM,
So did Thinderbird do the trick??

Bootie
01-17-2007, 03:43 AM,
Thunderbird always does the trick Big Grin
But in this particular case it had to do with a gmail server failure,i believe,not with some sort of email client miss-configuration issue.But it's easy to make such an assumption when you see that your gmail account doesn't work while others do.I use-for different purposes 3 gmail account and once 2 were down and one was working ok :) The reason for such an apparently strange behavior is that they are using multiple mail servers.So,if one goes down only the mail accounts located on that particular server will be offline,not all.
Send this user an email
01-17-2007, 03:43 AM,
It seems to have solved my troubles....fingers crossed, touch wood and dance around a virgin. Big Grin

Although it could just be Google pulled their finger out. Eek

But Thunderbird is a cool prog so i think I'll stick with it rather than messing around using Google mail and OE separately. It has a rather neat spam filter system, no more deleting tons of emails the old way. :whis:

cheers
01-17-2007, 04:05 AM,
Gmail is working fine again anyways... LOL

Turns will be completed tonight.

Bootie
01-17-2007, 05:09 AM,
and with thunderbird drag and drop pbem files is just oh so easy...I keep shortcuts of each pbem folder on desktop and have them sorted by time so the newest pbem files are on the bottom always. ...I find this a very effective way to work wth multiple games going.
Cheers
LT
"Kornie"