• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Problems with Googlemail.
01-16-2007, 01:18 AM,
Problems with Googlemail.
Just lately i've been having real trouble logging on to Googlemail, or should that be Googlesnail, it took me 30mins today just to download 4 emails, and several emails from Walkure just never turned up. :hissy:

I thought maybe it was my ISP but i'm not having trouble with any other web sites and i downloaded a 1.5 Gig demo last night in just 4 1/2 hours so my conection speed is fine.

Are there any other peeps here having trouble getting emails from Googlemail or is it just me?

What other free email services can you recommend?

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2007, 01:25 AM,
RE: Problems with Googlemail.
gmail works fine for me...no problems just sent a huge file from my other email addy to gmail...came in within seconds.
"Kornie"
01-16-2007, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2007, 01:42 AM by Fubar.)
All i'm getting at the moment is server error and error codes 717 and 12073. :conf:

[Image: googlemailnd1.th.jpg]

I give up....:angry:
01-16-2007, 01:46 AM,
Is that why I didn't get a file from you yet:)
01-16-2007, 01:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2007, 02:08 AM by Fubar.)
Yeah.....sorry about that mate, the whole Googlemail prog has gone tits up at the moment.

This is clever, it opens the email but hangs on the scanning for viruses operation, this was 5 mins after opening the email. LOL

[Image: googleprob2ip4.th.jpg]

I'll give up with Googlemail soon and try my ISP email instead. Cry
01-16-2007, 02:16 AM,
Try a Yahoo email account! :)
I use mine as a back up email address for when my ISP email server plays up. Very easy to use plus it has an excellent spam blocker plus Nortons AV program. Been using it for a few years now with no real problems (touch wood!) :)
I did have a Gmail account but had real problems attaching files :conf:
so went back to Yahoo.
01-16-2007, 02:44 AM,
It has been slow with me and I know NathanGun is having big problems with his connection.

Bootie
01-16-2007, 03:59 AM,
I have linked my gmail account into my Outlook 2002 and download all emails into outlook !.

Follow the instructions and try that.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-16-2007, 04:25 AM,
If its still slow do as Antoni...or like I do..as trying to stay away from MS programs as much as possible..Mozilla Thunderbird
http://www.mozilla.org/
gmail+thunderbird newver ever had I had any problems...easy to install and connect together too
"Kornie"
01-16-2007, 04:29 AM,
just tried loading a pbem file through net link in the gmail account. works all fine.
"Kornie"