• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How does this H2H Scenario Thing Work?
01-12-2007, 08:53 PM,
RE: How does this H2H Scenario Thing Work?
Saber6, reposting and losing scores is an issue I identified with Skirmanovo.

Bootie, I think if a scenario scores well, and the designer tweaks it to make it better (no large changes), then we should allow the newer version to keep the exiting scores. This would result in a faster approval.

Thoughts?
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2007, 03:06 AM,
Its not a factor I have control over... raz programmed it like that so unless he can change it so the scores dont get deleted Im afraid we are stuck with it.

Bootie
01-13-2007, 10:44 AM,
Herr Schacht Wrote:Saber6, reposting and losing scores is an issue I identified with Skirmanovo.

Bootie, I think if a scenario scores well, and the designer tweaks it to make it better (no large changes), then we should allow the newer version to keep the exiting scores. This would result in a faster approval.

Thoughts?

That's an interesting point.The idea when i designed the h2h system was that
an updated scenario shouldn't inherit the previous ratings because it didn't seemed right for an updated scenario-and thus assumed to be more balanced-to be described by the past ratings when it was less balanced.Not to mention it would be harder to pass to the approved area with those previous poor rankings.
But i guess we can work something out.How about if only those rankings below 8 would be deleted when the scenario is updated?Shane?
Send this user an email
01-14-2007, 03:48 AM,
So what if I play the scenario and we report it like a plain old scenario, assuming we both agree to that, which I then assume the scenario played that way for points is not a test for the H2H system, but just a scenario played out as a custom scenario, am I correct?