• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How does this H2H Scenario Thing Work?
01-11-2007, 06:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2007, 06:09 AM by Zemke.)
How does this H2H Scenario Thing Work?
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2007, 06:44 AM,
RE: How does this H2H Scenario Thing Work?
As an author, you probably should not be testing them. Bootie, please advise.

You can register the test by selecting the "start testing" button on the respective scenario, then select the opponent that is testing with you. You get 10 bonus points per size modifier once the final test report is submitted to the scenario designer.

Take some time to test some other scenarios on the board. The authors' put a lot of time and effort into these. We should help them as much as possible with feedback.

01-11-2007, 06:49 AM,
I don't see any problems with testing one's own scenarios as long as your opponent knows this an can look over the scenario before play starts to equalize the playing field. I just don't think you should rate your own scenario.
01-11-2007, 06:52 AM,
I wouldn't rate it, I just wanted to play it...lol, as I thought it would be a fun one to play.
01-11-2007, 07:07 AM,
I'm in the process of play testing mine "Winter Dawn."
Playing both sides in two separate games. I was planing to submit a report as well. I will refrain from doing so, after reading the above message, etc.
I've never played it before, not even against the AI.
Did not insist on blind play and encouraged opponents to study the game and choose their side.
01-11-2007, 07:38 AM,
Given it's a test and doesn't count for ladder purposes, it's not important to insist on blind play. I find it odd to submit a test report to yourself, but I can see the logic in testing your own scenario, and submitting a report on it, since it may play differently with a live opponent than you expected. So, test away!!!!
01-11-2007, 07:39 AM,
Authors can playtest their scenarios without submitting a rating as they would sure as hell be biased towards their own work... I know I would be... LOL

Bootie
01-11-2007, 07:53 AM,
I think as author you'd also have to give ratings when you play them, otherwise you can't move them to the approved section since the system "thinks" there is still a game in progress...?
I'm not sure though, nor am I sure if I rated my own scns in the past. I think I did. Other than for these "technical" issues it ofcourse doesn't make sense to rate them as the author.... It would if others could read the test reports as you could do a bit of explaining about the how and why of the design.

Huib

01-11-2007, 08:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2007, 08:46 AM by Soldier.)
RE:��How does this H2H Scenario Thing Work?
Bootie Wrote:Authors can playtest their scenarios without submitting a rating as they would sure as hell be biased towards their own work... I know I would be... LOL

Bootie

I don't think that an author of a scenario is necessarily biased in his ratings!
Well, at least one aspect of it.
The playability and balance that is.. :-)
For me, there's a strong interest in producing a well balanced scenario.
My main goal is to have others enjoy and play my product as much as possible. Having that said.. I will do anything, by that I mean make any changes to that scenario, to make it that much more desirable to other players, etc. That includes self criticism as well.
01-11-2007, 06:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2007, 06:40 PM by Zemke.)