• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

B44 Scenario 16_14 Wacht Am Rhein Herbstnebel
12-16-2022, 07:04 AM,
RE: B44 Scenario 16_14 Wacht Am Rhein Herbstnebel
I may be the last or only player to never use Hot Keys.....through over a decade of testing, and 100s of PBEM games for pleasure I simply could never be bothered to try and remember Hot Keys when the Tool Bar is so conveniently displayed before my eyes.  I think perhaps my brain is full and in order to remember something new I'd have to forget something old.  Heavens forbid I try that and lose something like my wife's Birthday or my Bank Login.  I tend to play slowly and methodically so going faster never seemed to be a requirement for me.  To each their own, no?
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2022, 11:55 PM,
(12-16-2022, 07:04 AM)Steel God Wrote: I may be the last or only player to never use Hot Keys.....through over a decade of testing, and 100s of PBEM games for pleasure I simply could never be bothered to try and remember Hot Keys when the Tool Bar is so conveniently displayed before my eyes.  I think perhaps my brain is full and in order to remember something new I'd have to forget something old.  Heavens forbid I try that and lose something like my wife's Birthday or my Bank Login.  I tend to play slowly and methodically so going faster never seemed to be a requirement for me.  To each their own, no?

To each their own - Yes!  You're not the only one to not use Hot Keys.  I use a few buttons.  The rest are in the drop down menu if and when I need them..  I rarely use them in the first place.  Why does anybody need to see what the elevation of a hex, or the grid or map coordinates are?  The 2D relief map takes care of that.  If you need or want that hex, you're going to try for it.

I really don't like the new menu bars.  It is just way too much unneccessary information and clutters up the picture.  Now, if it also came with the option to keep the old so we could still play would be great.
12-18-2022, 03:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2022, 03:34 AM by Plain Ian.)
(12-15-2022, 11:22 PM)LordDeadwood Wrote: Well that's what I get for trying to edit the reply dialog!

What I was trying to say in the last post was that I use AHK and it works with the new tool bars and hot keys. I'm like Ian in that I have been using a combination of AHK and standard hot keys. I haven't tried re-mapping AHK to replicate the "old" way, I may just try to re-train myself to use the new hot keys since they are now the same as PzB and it will be nice to have the same system for both series.

That's a good point that hot keys are now rationalised over the different series types. However my vote would have been to rationalise them based on PzC not PzB. 😁 That way I get to keep my D and T and I won't have mess about with Auto Hot Key. 
Surely PzC has a bigger player base?