This post for Cold War download!!
02-03-2023, 04:10 PM,
RE: This post for Cold War download!!
"cw.exe is the start file",

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2023, 10:29 AM,
Actually I always use the Cold War.exe to start.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-11-2023, 01:30 AM,
Hi, I have a problem with the mod. When I start any scenario the game freezes for a few seconds and then the map becomes bugged like in the image when i scroll on the edges. What could cause this? The version I'm using is Campaign Series 2.02

.png   Untitled-2.png (Size: 218.91 KB / Downloads: 8)
07-11-2023, 06:59 AM,
(07-11-2023, 01:30 AM)despot993 Wrote: Hi, I have a problem with the mod. When I start any scenario the game freezes for a few seconds and then the map becomes bugged like in the image when i scroll on the edges. What could cause this? The version I'm using is Campaign Series 2.02

I've had that happen to me in CS games when I've walked away from the computer with the file open and the computer goes to sleep. For me, saving the file, even with the weird screen, and then reopening it works. I don't know about the Cold War mod, though. I think that uses the old Talonsoft engine(?)

Anyway, good luck.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-11-2023, 10:10 PM,
Yeah I think it's about the different engine. Is there a mod version that works with 2.02?
07-12-2023, 04:02 AM,
(07-11-2023, 10:10 PM)despot993 Wrote: Yeah I think it's about the different engine. Is there a mod version that works with 2.02?

That's the only CS cold war game. The developers are planning a CS Cold War game in the future using the new game engine that features scripted programming for a better experience playing versus the AI, similar to CS Viet Nam.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-12-2023, 10:08 AM,
Hi despot993, hope you are well!!

This mod goes back a long long way to like Talonsoft's 1.02. Talonsoft was the original designer of the game that all Campaign Series games were based on! Now that code is all with Matrix Games.

So I'm going back early 2000's for the 1.02 version I have right now. Cool Game!

I think it was or is a creation from way back then. Not sure of the source.

What Dave says is true! The Campaign Series Development Team is working on a remake of this game! I'm not sure when it will hit the shelves though!

Kind regards,
Big Ivan Wink
07-12-2023, 10:30 PM,
Thank you for your replies, I managed to find the 1.02 versions of the game but Cold War is still not working. I know they are working on a new version of the game but I think the last update was in 2018 so it's possible that the game is dead by now. Anyway thank you all! :)