• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Clearing rubble problems and bug.
08-23-2022, 04:04 AM,
RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug.
(08-20-2022, 01:41 PM)Ricky B Wrote: And by the way, I cleared a few rubble hexes in Kiev, right inside the city where having the roads clear were important. They took around a day - although in Bulge years ago, I tried to clear a critical rubble hex on the initial front lines and never succeeded - back then I wondered if it worked at all - it does now but no idea about back then. Or quality adjustments may be poorly handled and reduce it to a rounded down 0 and so never happens for bad engineers???
Hey Ricky B! Why do you think this can't be fixed? I've lived in central European villages. You can bombard for a week and there won't be that much rubble; there aren't any big buildings. Even for a town we're talking about clearing a path. It's been this way for c. 20 years now. Isn't there somebody to take the lead on fixing this: making the task a reasonable chore for any engineer unit?  jonny  Propeller Hat
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2022, 05:18 AM,
(08-23-2022, 04:04 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 01:41 PM)Ricky B Wrote: And by the way, I cleared a few rubble hexes in Kiev, right inside the city where having the roads clear were important. They took around a day - although in Bulge years ago, I tried to clear a critical rubble hex on the initial front lines and never succeeded - back then I wondered if it worked at all - it does now but no idea about back then. Or quality adjustments may be poorly handled and reduce it to a rounded down 0 and so never happens for bad engineers???
Hey Ricky B! Why do you think this can't be fixed? I've lived in central European villages. You can bombard for a week and there won't be that much rubble; there aren't any big buildings. Even for a town we're talking about clearing a path. It's been this way for c. 20 years now. Isn't there somebody to take the lead on fixing this: making the task a reasonable chore for any engineer unit?  jonny  Propeller Hat

Hmm did I saw I didn't think it can't be fixed? Or are you just asking? I don't think it has been prioritized, or anyone that has provided a full spec for changes - although I think you have done that here a bit - just rubble city/industrial hexes, maybe? Definitely a lot of room for change here, but it would need prioritized by WDS.

I will say, playing devil's advocate Devil Devil Devil , based on just general traffic on the roads where I live, the slightest disruption in the flow of traffic results in major traffic jams where it can take an hour to travel a few miles, which could represent a narrowing of a road through a small village. But I would say even that is pretty limited in time to clean up further.
[Image: exercise.png]
08-24-2022, 03:15 PM,
(08-22-2022, 04:03 AM)HMCS Rosthern Wrote: Most scenarios I look at always start with the hex in their original state, even if there has been weeks of battles in the vicinity. One would think that there would be at least some of the hexes starting in a RUBBLE of Rubble state.

I'm pretty sure that's just the scenario designer's decision, and that there is just a toggle in the setup for RUBBLE vs. Rubble.