• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Clearing rubble problems and bug. - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tiller Operational Campaigns (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Clearing rubble problems and bug. (/showthread.php?tid=75721)

Pages: 1 2

Clearing rubble problems and bug. - jonnymacbrown - 08-20-2022

Even when an E unit (rarely) manages to clear rubble it doesn't show up on the map as cleared. Also, it often takes days or even weeks for an E unit to clear rubble. It's not that much of a problem especially in small villages. The chance of success should be like bridge building. Can this somehow finally be fixed after all these years? jonny  Crazy

RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug. - Bigwig - 08-20-2022

So it's not just me.

I was just observing the futility of attempting to clear rubble around Kiev. Faster to just drive the tanks through or around the crap than to wait for the engineers to finish. Engineers who could be doing better things.

RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug. - HMCS Rosthern - 08-20-2022

I noticed something similar in Danube Front. I toggled clear rubble for an engineer
and  the next turn saw the command report indicating that the engineer was clearing rubble. That turn the clear rubble flag on the unit was off, the hex info indicated that there was rubble yet I could not give the clear rubble command. IN fact road movement was allowed through the hex.  So it appears that the rubble was cleared but the hex info did not reflect the state of the hex. 

I should forward the game file to wds, but have not got around to it.

RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug. - Ricky B - 08-20-2022

Rubble is treated just like fortifications, basically. When created, it is RUBBLE and prevents road movement. When it is cleared, the game shows it as Rubble and road movement is allowed, etc. I can share a screenshot if you like, but you should be able to check.

RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug. - Ricky B - 08-20-2022

And by the way, I cleared a few rubble hexes in Kiev, right inside the city where having the roads clear were important. They took around a day - although in Bulge years ago, I tried to clear a critical rubble hex on the initial front lines and never succeeded - back then I wondered if it worked at all - it does now but no idea about back then. Or quality adjustments may be poorly handled and reduce it to a rounded down 0 and so never happens for bad engineers???

RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug. - jonnymacbrown - 08-21-2022

(08-20-2022, 01:41 PM)Ricky B Wrote: And by the way, I cleared a few rubble hexes in Kiev, right inside the city where having the roads clear were important. They took around a day - although in Bulge years ago, I tried to clear a critical rubble hex on the initial front lines and never succeeded - back then I wondered if it worked at all - it does now but no idea about back then. Or quality adjustments may be poorly handled and reduce it to a rounded down 0 and so never happens for bad engineers???

I think that's it. The two I cleared were with A rated Engineer units. The rest that never succeeded were with C rated Engineer units.  jonny Propeller Hat

RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug. - YasinAhmet - 08-21-2022

It also happens to me in Stalingrad'43, I think these guys are just chilling there. It slows down my entire reserve army. It took 6 turns, they didn't clear the rubble yet.

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug. - Outlaw Josey Wales - 08-22-2022

Have to remember, the lower the morale, the less motivated they are. When clearing rubble, they aren't removing and cleaning up the streets, they are clearing enough for moving troops, supplies and equipment with no concern for the civilian population. Everything was geared for the front line troops. It should always be that way. Not like today.

RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug. - Outlaw Josey Wales - 08-22-2022

Maybe, the powers that be could implement a terrain tile of rubble with a pass through it to show it is passable in travel mode. Just a thought.

RE: Clearing rubble problems and bug. - HMCS Rosthern - 08-22-2022

Makes sense now. Clearing rubble does not mean that the hex is returned to its original state. the engineers are not rebuilding the buildings.  Propeller Hat

Two thoughts
Most scenarios I look at always start with the hex in their original state, even if there has been weeks of battles in the vicinity. One would think that there would be at least some of the hexes starting in a RUBBLE of Rubble state.

Perhaps there is justification for allowing non-engineer units stacked with engineers to increase the chances of clearing the rubble. (i.e., more hands to move bricks etc -of course in more modern situations engineers would have heavy machinery)