• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Night Move Disruption
01-25-2022, 09:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2022, 09:13 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Night Move Disruption
I believe Night Movement Disruption was added in Tunisia '43 as a new feature. It's listed for the 1.00 version as a new feature in the Tunisia '43 changes.txt. It was patched into Bulge with the 1.09 update according to the changes.txt for Bulge '44.

The stock scenarios of the older PzC titles I've played have not been updated to include a night movement disruption chance, but the alt scenarios were updated to include the latest (at the time) changes.
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2022, 11:27 PM,
(01-25-2022, 08:09 AM)ComradeP Wrote: The road stacking limit in PzC tends to be considerably lower than maximum battalion size, but that doesn't matter as long as only a single battalion is moving along a road.

Problems start when trying to move a single bataillon exceeding the road stacking along the road with any small stationary or fixed unit on there.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
01-26-2022, 12:43 AM,
That might happen, but particularly if the unit is Fixed you can plan movement in advance.

Without interdiction or with a small chance of interdiction, you know when a unit will get to a certain hex when moving along a road. Even with interdiction, you know where the unit moving in T-mode is on the Dusk or last daylight turn.

The unit moving along the road might also have the ability to break down, depending on size. Again depending on size, the broken down company may or may not violate the Road Stacking Limit when moving into a hex with another unit.

There will be situations where weather conditions or Night Move Disruption will cause delays of 1 or 2 turns per unit when moving around in T-mode, particularly with Fixed units, but how severe the consequences are depends on if you can plan in advance. Usually, you can.

You know when Fixed units with be released or will start to check for release, so if (say) you want to move an entire Rifle Division (with battalions that can't break down) through a hex with another unit instead of finding a suitable detour, that's a decision you make. The consequences are known well in advance.
01-26-2022, 06:06 AM,
(01-25-2022, 08:28 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: LOL
OK well at least now I know why all my units where still disrupting moving them with the instant AI led to tons of disruptions and yes, had me scratching my head cursing...
The More You Know

Thanks again guys, great games, great community!

Yes it is best to move them manually to be sure to avoid disruptions, it takes more time but worth it in the end.

No problem with the help, nothing more frustrating than a feature you don't understand.  Confused
01-27-2022, 12:30 AM,
(01-25-2022, 06:04 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: I'm trying to wrap my head around the wording of this:
Night Move Disruption: The percentage chance that a unit moving at night not by Rail Mode and not by Travel Mode using Road Movement will become Disrupted.

Im having units disrupt left and right.  Is this saying that ONLY units that move in travel/rail mode along a road/rail wont become disrupted at all?  The whole ROAD MOVEMENT has me thrown off.  WTH is road movement?
01-27-2022, 12:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 12:38 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
(01-25-2022, 06:04 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: I'm trying to wrap my head around the wording of this:
Night Move Disruption: The percentage chance that a unit moving at night not by Rail Mode and not by Travel Mode using Road Movement will become Disrupted.
Tried to delete these last two mistaken posts but the program won't let me.  jonny Propeller Hat