• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Night Move Disruption
01-25-2022, 06:04 AM,
c_Question Mark  Night Move Disruption
I'm trying to wrap my head around the wording of this:
Night Move Disruption: The percentage chance that a unit moving at night not by Rail Mode and not by Travel Mode using Road Movement will become Disrupted.

Im having units disrupt left and right.  Is this saying that ONLY units that move in travel/rail mode along a road/rail wont become disrupted at all?  The whole ROAD MOVEMENT has me thrown off.  WTH is road movement?
cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2022, 06:17 AM,
RE: Night Move Disruption
It is definitely T mode along a road, whatever type of road it may be, including trails. I think road movement is to define that it has to be across these road type hexsides, rather than cross country between adjacent road hexes.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-25-2022, 06:47 AM,
Thanks a lot Ricky.  Whenever I start feeling to smart I go in and read the manual and it brings me right back to reality.

So as long as a unit is in T and stays along a beaten path they are good to go but any other movement risks disruption.
cheers
01-25-2022, 07:26 AM,
(01-25-2022, 06:47 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: So as long as a unit is in T and stays along a beaten path they are good to go but any other movement risks disruption.

Yes, just to be crystal clear that movement in T mode along rail lines is OK as well, whichever type of "road" you are utilizing be careful not to exceed the road stacking limit otherwise the units will still disrupt, this is soooo easy to do and will make you curse for sure.  Wink

Road stacking limit will be around 350-400 men, but varies from title to title, so check the PDT to be sure.

The % chance of non road movement at night causing disruption is typically 70% but does vary in some titles (check the PDT to be sure) and this % is further modified up or down by the units quality.
01-25-2022, 07:29 AM,
Darran has it right on the road stacking limit. I think the FWWC games are higher, like 1700 or something.
01-25-2022, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2022, 08:11 AM by ComradeP.)
2600 for FWWC, two battalions and some gun/cavalry units can move along a road.

The road stacking limit is only checked if there are multiple units either moving into a hex across a road hexside in T-mode as a stack, or if a T-mode unit moves across a road hexside to enter a hex already occupied by another friendly unit. The limit is never applied to the size of a single unit moving along a road.

The road stacking limit in PzC tends to be considerably lower than maximum battalion size, but that doesn't matter as long as only a single battalion is moving along a road.
01-25-2022, 08:28 AM,
LOL
OK well at least now I know why all my units where still disrupting moving them with the instant AI led to tons of disruptions and yes, had me scratching my head cursing...
The More You Know

Thanks again guys, great games, great community!
cheers
01-25-2022, 08:35 AM,
(01-25-2022, 07:26 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 06:47 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: So as long as a unit is in T and stays along a beaten path they are good to go but any other movement risks disruption.

The % chance of non road movement at night causing disruption is typically 70% but does vary in some titles (check the PDT to be sure) and this % is further modified up or down by the units quality.

I will take a look when smurf returns the turn.  Playing Bulge and thought I saw 30% but that must be for something else because it definatley feels more like 70% when I was moving.

Is the 70% anywhere in the manual?  I had searched earlier using night as the keyword but dont recall seeing that 70% # anywhere.
cheers
01-25-2022, 02:29 PM,
Since it can vary by PDT setting, the manual doesn't call out 70%. Per the manual: become Disrupted based on the probability given by the Night Movement Disruption Parameter Data Value.

So as Grumpy mentioned, check the PDT out for this value to see specifically.

Now default Bulge looks to me, from the WDS version, to be 0!

Night Move Disruption: 0%

Bulge Alt is 30%. There are quality adjustments for it but shouldn't boost it to 70%.

Rick
01-25-2022, 06:50 PM,
(01-25-2022, 02:29 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Since it can vary by PDT setting, the manual doesn't call out 70%. Per the manual: become Disrupted based on the probability given by the Night Movement Disruption Parameter Data Value.

So as Grumpy mentioned, check the PDT out for this value to see specifically.

Now default Bulge looks to me, from the WDS version, to be 0!

Night Move Disruption: 0%

Bulge Alt is 30%. There are quality adjustments for it but shouldn't boost it to 70%.

Rick

Ok, yep we are playing alt so it is the 30% # I saw in the pdt.
Thanks again mate.
cheers