• Downloads

Go easy on the Updates!
11-22-2021, 08:11 PM,
RE: Go easy on the Updates!
Thanks for your reply, phoenix.
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2021, 10:46 PM,
(11-22-2021, 07:45 PM)phoenix Wrote: Alpha Two - from my experience with these new updates and from questions already asked and answered in here, I can say that the WDS updates that are sent to you by mail do a completely fresh install that doesn't affect your old JTS install at all. So it's not really an update to anything you already have installed, in that sense - it's a new install, from scratch. Just pick a different folder location, perhaps, for the new installs. Then you'll have the new versions (version 4) and all your old ones, and you can do what you like with all your old ones afterwards. I just deleted all mine once the WDS version 4 updates were done.

The updates available on the new WDS site, however, seem to be actual updates that you must install over your old JTS title in the usual way. If you want to keep your old title for whatever reason you can first  simply copy it, in its entirety, to a different folder, then install the WDS update from the site over the copied version.

Phoenix has it completely right.

Our (big) preference is that you all do new installations of the WDS installers. That will make everyone's life easier in the future as further updates come out. To be honest it wasn't planned, but the fact that you can leave the prior JTS installation in place and have the new WDS installation in tandem gives the most flexibility and time to decide which version is preferred for play.

Applying the updates will leave you in your previous directories and will require you to change the default directories that will be in future patches.

Hope that helps, but reinforcing what was described here.

David
11-23-2021, 12:53 AM,
So if that's your (big) preference, David, would you prefer that people write to you about the titles they have for which they didn't get mails (13, in my case...), or simply use the downloads page?
11-23-2021, 01:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 01:30 AM by typhoon.)
Lots of initial hair pulling (Forgot I have no hair) and worries numerous searches for missing files or misplaced serials. Yet all now complete the emails were great once it was going back to the updated HPS versions things got tougher. However 56 titles updated and looking magnificent great great job and a big hats off to Rich for all the support in the past keeping my games working through lots of crashes and upset. What a mamoth task you have undertaken yet it bodes well I think that you have began with such a loud bang in the Computer Wargamming World. Congrats!!!!
11-23-2021, 08:39 AM,
(11-23-2021, 12:53 AM)phoenix Wrote: So if that's your (big) preference, David, would you prefer that people write to you about the titles they have for which they didn't get mails (13, in my case...), or simply use the downloads page?

Ideally you get new installers. That means writing to support. Please though, give us some time to clear the current backlog of support requests.

Thanks,

David
11-24-2021, 09:10 AM,
It is hard to wait as most of my games are in your support queue.
11-24-2021, 10:25 AM,
I purchased Smolensk 41 I believe on Saturday?? Maybe Sunday?? and it worked seamlessly. I had bought it AGES ago from Scott Hamilton I think....but I wanted the Gold edition anyway. Just returning to PzC after a long long time away. They are still the best REAL wargames for REAL wargamers.
Cant decide whats next....France 40? Stalingrad? Tunisia? Sicily......oh so many good ones!!!
11-24-2021, 06:09 PM,
(11-21-2021, 03:12 PM)Strela Wrote: Mesquite,

You should hear from support in the next 48 hours (we have a backlog), if not post here and I will see what I can do.

All,

For the JTS Menu program, there is a new WDS version coming - hopefully this week and that should help simplify things. The current JTS Menu version does not pick up Forgotten Campaigns so you will need the new one once we release it, if you have that title.

Thanks,

David

So I still can't download Campaign overland and First World War from the links I was sent. I have gotten a ton of links for all the games I reported on the ticket and I'm going thru them. Microsoft doesn't like your site.
11-24-2021, 07:28 PM,
I use Thunderbird as my email client.

When I click on the link in the email it gives me this message:

The link you just clicked seems to lead to another site than what the link text indicated. This is sometimes used for tracking whether you clicked the link, but it could also be a scam.

The link text indicated that the link would lead to john-tiller-software.fetchapp.com, but it leads to click.pstmrk.it.

It then gives me 3 choices:

Go to john-tiller-software-fetchapp.com
Go to click.pstmrk.it anyway
Cancel

I click on the second option and I am able to download the software.

Bill
11-29-2021, 08:22 AM,
Modified scenarios under previous version in updated 4.00
I made fixes (I changed wrong side Supply source for both and added missed obstacles for 2nd) for 2 scenarios France'40 on 2.03 version and saved them separately. Do I need to repeat it again or I can play these scenarios without problem under updated 4.00?