• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Go easy on the Updates!
11-19-2021, 11:08 PM,
Go easy on the Updates!
Hi everyone,

There has been a massive rush for the various updates and our server infrastructure is not coping. Apologies if you are running into issues.

We are proactively starting to push out full installers to all of you that have bought previously from the JTS store. That should mitigate the need to get updates. If you could be a bit more patient, it would be appreciated.

Just to prove murphy's law is a live and well the certificate on wargamedesignstudio.com did not auto-renew as it was meant to yesterday and we only got alerted on that after we went live today! So that may be a factor as some of our infrastructure is tied to related URL's.

Thank you all for the enthusiasm!

David
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2021, 11:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2021, 11:15 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Go easy on the Updates!
I got a certificate warning when trying to access wargamedesignstudio, but aside from that the website opened normally.

The PzC downloads redirect to the "old" website as well in terms of where the file storage is, but that seems to be in order.

Everybody is just so happy about the news and all the new updates that we're chomping at the bit and can't wait to get our hands on them.
11-19-2021, 11:23 PM,
Yeah I'm getting server timeouts just trying to read changelogs! Completely understandable, even if a little frustrating! Ok, I'll try to be patient! Waiting
11-19-2021, 11:27 PM,
I installed Danube Front this morning using the JTS 2.01 full installer and updated using the WDS 4.0 update file. Will the original JTS full installers continue to work in the future or should I get the full WDS installers for each title I own? Thanks.
11-19-2021, 11:38 PM,
(11-19-2021, 11:27 PM)greg54 Wrote: I installed Danube Front this morning using the JTS 2.01 full installer and updated using the WDS 4.0 update file.  Will the original JTS full installers continue to work in the future or should I get the full WDS installers for each title I own?  Thanks.

If you bought titles off the JTS store after 2012, you will automatically be receiving links for new 4.00 installers - hopefully today.

From our FAQ:

Q: What about getting the games installed? I never made a backup of most and what I do have is very old.

A: This is a multi-part answer:

·        First off, you should only be doing installations from a digital installer. All CD versions of the games are obsolete and in many cases the file structures are different. They should no longer be used.

·        We will be “re-opening” all orders from our existing store which will cause an email to be sent to you for each product you have ordered in the past. This will give you an opportunity to grab a new installer for the game that is completely up to date as of the WDS announcement.

·        If you purchased games through the original JTS store (Dec. 2010 – May 2012) then send an email to [email protected] along with your order number(s) or serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you.

·        If you were migrated over from old HPS purchases, then send an email to [email protected] along with your serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you. ** You must include a complete listing of all game names and serial numbers you are requesting new installers for.
11-19-2021, 11:42 PM,
(11-19-2021, 11:08 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi everyone,

There has been a massive rush for the various updates and our server infrastructure is not coping. Apologies if you are running into issues.

We are proactively starting to push out full installers to all of you that have bought previously from the JTS store. That should mitigate the need to get updates. If you could be a bit more patient, it would be appreciated.

Just to prove murphy's law is a live and well the certificate on wargamedesignstudio.com did not auto-renew as it was meant to yesterday and we only got alerted on that after we went live today! So that may be a factor as some of our infrastructure is tied to related URL's.

Thank you all for the enthusiasm!

David
I've already started getting the emails. Great job, thanks!
11-19-2021, 11:52 PM,
Fantastic job, David and team! Many thanks!
11-19-2021, 11:52 PM,
Great to hear that everyone is desperate to get the updates.............even if it has caused a few tech issues....... Big Grin
11-20-2021, 12:28 AM,
Just got my first email with new downloads. Should I uninstall the old game first before updating or will the installer do that?
11-20-2021, 12:31 AM,
(11-20-2021, 12:28 AM)rocketman Wrote: Just got my first email with new downloads. Should I uninstall the old game first before updating or will the installer do that?

The old games are JTS, the new ones can be installed concurrently as they are a different vendor, WDS. If you want to keep things nice and neat, then uninstall the old version.

David