• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Go easy on the Updates!
11-21-2021, 01:20 AM,
RE: Go easy on the Updates!
Thanks for that as mentioned in the FAQ, we have had issues due to 'lack of reputation' on our new security certificate. This is purely due to limited use beyond the development teams.

We submitted every exe and build to Microsoft to get them validated and cleared and have been given a clean bill of health. I am not certain why this particular link has triggered the alert, but it is annoying as we have been trying to avoid concerning people.

I will discuss with Rich on whether we need to resubmit this particular build, but please be aware there is nothing nefarious with any of our installers beyond the newness of the certificate.

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2021, 05:23 AM,
(11-20-2021, 08:52 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Thus far, the links in the e-mail work for me. Download speed is also good.

Mesquite, were the FWWC games and Overland part of the same order, or separate orders?

You get a link for each game, but they might be part of the same order (which means multiple games show up when you click the link).

They were separate orders.
11-21-2021, 05:27 AM,
(11-20-2021, 05:42 PM)Strela Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 04:51 PM)Mesquite Wrote: Well I click on the link from you email and it always tells me the same thing. Something went wrong blah blah blah. I just tried copying the link and I get the same thing. Oh ok. I just tried the link from a different email and it worked. The one that isn't working for me is the link I was sent for Campaign Overland. I'll try the others and see if they work.

Thanks Mesquite, let us know how you go. If Overland continues to be a problem, I can PM you a different link that I know will work.

Cheers,

David

Well, I've gone thru all the emails. They all worked except for Overland and First World War. I still have the same problem with those two games, also I did get multiple emails for some of the orders.  I think 3 or 4 for the Panzer Battles Demo.
11-21-2021, 05:41 AM,
To WDS folks,

All downloads and installs for my battery of games (18 in all) went real smooth, no issues!

Included in these were titles from Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles and Squad Battles.

Thanks and regards to all,

John
11-21-2021, 09:43 AM,
(11-21-2021, 05:27 AM)Mesquite Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 05:42 PM)Strela Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 04:51 PM)Mesquite Wrote: Well I click on the link from you email and it always tells me the same thing. Something went wrong blah blah blah. I just tried copying the link and I get the same thing. Oh ok. I just tried the link from a different email and it worked. The one that isn't working for me is the link I was sent for Campaign Overland. I'll try the others and see if they work.

Thanks Mesquite, let us know how you go. If Overland continues to be a problem, I can PM you a different link that I know will work.

Cheers,

David

Well, I've gone thru all the emails. They all worked except for Overland and First World War. I still have the same problem with those two games, also I did get multiple emails for some of the orders.  I think 3 or 4 for the Panzer Battles Demo.

I get the same issue with First World War
11-21-2021, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 01:06 PM by Mesquite.)
(11-19-2021, 11:38 PM)Strela Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 11:27 PM)greg54 Wrote: I installed Danube Front this morning using the JTS 2.01 full installer and updated using the WDS 4.0 update file.  Will the original JTS full installers continue to work in the future or should I get the full WDS installers for each title I own?  Thanks.

If you bought titles off the JTS store after 2012, you will automatically be receiving links for new 4.00 installers - hopefully today.

From our FAQ:

Q: What about getting the games installed? I never made a backup of most and what I do have is very old.

A: This is a multi-part answer:

·        First off, you should only be doing installations from a digital installer. All CD versions of the games are obsolete and in many cases the file structures are different. They should no longer be used.

·        We will be “re-opening” all orders from our existing store which will cause an email to be sent to you for each product you have ordered in the past. This will give you an opportunity to grab a new installer for the game that is completely up to date as of the WDS announcement.

·        If you purchased games through the original JTS store (Dec. 2010 – May 2012) then send an email to [email protected] along with your order number(s) or serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you.

·        If you were migrated over from old HPS purchases, then send an email to [email protected] along with your serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you. ** You must include a complete listing of all game names and serial numbers you are requesting new installers f
  I submitted a list of games I migrated to the support link on your website....will that work or do I need to use the email link you have here? Also, I'm wondering if ya'll are going to put out something like the John Tiller menu program where we can start all the games from there?
11-21-2021, 01:31 PM,
The current JTS menu program works with the WDS games. Basically it will run all games of both groups that are installed in the folder the menu runs from. So if the menu runs from johntillersoftware, all games installed there will show up there. Just note the WDS games default to a WDS folder.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-21-2021, 03:12 PM,
Mesquite,

You should hear from support in the next 48 hours (we have a backlog), if not post here and I will see what I can do.

All,

For the JTS Menu program, there is a new WDS version coming - hopefully this week and that should help simplify things. The current JTS Menu version does not pick up Forgotten Campaigns so you will need the new one once we release it, if you have that title.

Thanks,

David
11-22-2021, 06:32 PM,
I have several JTS games installed. Is it safe to just update these with the patches available at WDS or should I remove these from my harddrive and install again with the installer files send by WDS?
11-22-2021, 07:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 08:21 PM by phoenix.)
Alpha Two - from my experience with these new updates and from questions already asked and answered in here, I can say that the WDS updates that are sent to you by mail do a completely fresh install that doesn't affect your old JTS install at all. So it's not really an update to anything you already have installed, in that sense - it's a new install, from scratch. Just pick a different folder location, perhaps, for the new installs. Then you'll have the new versions (version 4) and all your old ones, and you can do what you like with all your old ones afterwards. I just deleted all mine once the WDS version 4 updates were done.

The updates available on the new WDS site, however, seem to be actual updates that you must install over your old JTS title in the usual way. If you want to keep your old title for whatever reason you can first simply copy it, in its entirety, to a different folder, then install the WDS update from the site over the copied version.