• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Go easy on the Updates!
11-20-2021, 04:49 AM,
RE: Go easy on the Updates!
I've got PBs. Do I delete what I have now and then dl the new one or does the new one overwrite everything?

What do I do with the PzC games I have? I have 17 or 18, last one being Tunisia. But, I haven't received an email for any of those or Modern Campaigns. Does that mean they don't have to be updated with WDS one?
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2021, 05:12 AM,
(11-20-2021, 04:49 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I've got PBs.  Do I delete what I have now and then dl the new one or does the new one overwrite everything? 

What do I do with the PzC games I have?  I have 17 or 18, last one being Tunisia.  But, I haven't received an email for any of those or Modern Campaigns.  Does that mean they don't have to be updated with WDS one?

Be patient in terms of emails. All games have been updated. They all install to a new WDS directory and so will not overwrite the existing JTS versions. You do not have to delete your old versions but can uninstall these once you no longer need them.
11-20-2021, 06:17 AM,
(11-20-2021, 05:12 AM)Green Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 04:49 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I've got PBs.  Do I delete what I have now and then dl the new one or does the new one overwrite everything? 

What do I do with the PzC games I have?  I have 17 or 18, last one being Tunisia.  But, I haven't received an email for any of those or Modern Campaigns.  Does that mean they don't have to be updated with WDS one?

Be patient in terms of emails. All games have been updated. They all install to a new WDS directory and so will not overwrite the existing JTS versions. You do not have to delete your old versions but can uninstall these once you no longer need them.

OJW and all- keep in mind that the emails are only sent for games bought through JTS, and there only after a certain date. Per the FAQs:
  • If you purchased games through the original JTS store (Dec. 2010 – May 2012) then send an email to [email protected] along with your order number(s) or serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you.

• If you were migrated over from old HPS purchases, then send an email to [email protected] along with your serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you. ** You must include a complete listing of all game names and serial numbers you are requesting new installers for.
I know I will have to send a list of my games and serial numbers, since I bought them all as either HPS, or I got them at TillerCons as giveaways from John T and Rich, or for testing/support on new games.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-20-2021, 06:36 AM,
Thanks for the updates, but so for now disregard the links? Because when I click on the link I get options to download to Dropbox (which I don't have) or download .msi file which results in an XML error.
11-20-2021, 06:37 AM,
I get the following error when clicking on a download link or try to save a file from the link. I am assuming this means the server is over loaded. Is that correct?

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>
Cannot download file, download bandwidth or transaction (Class B) cap exceeded. See the Caps & Alerts page to increase your cap.
</Message>
</Error>
SSG C. Stanford USA Retired (1969-1991)South Vietnam, Athens Greece, West Berlin Germany, USAF Security Police, USA Infantry, USA Military Police. Duty, Honor, Country
11-20-2021, 06:53 AM,
All, as mentioned in another thread our limit on Fetch has been hit (unprecedented to be honest). This impacts the new installers that you were all emailed with links for.

We are working hard to get that lifted. I will post back here when that is fixed.

Our apologies, but we are working on the solution.

David
11-20-2021, 07:15 AM,
I have received 30+ mails.
Thank you!
11-20-2021, 07:48 AM,
Seems to be working now.

Can I ask, David, is there a time limit on the links? I have around 55 JTS games and am wondering how long I have to convert them all? Thanks.
11-20-2021, 07:58 AM,
(11-20-2021, 07:48 AM)phoenix Wrote: Seems to be working now.

Can I ask, David, is there a time limit on the links? I have around 55 JTS games and am wondering how long I have to convert them all? Thanks.

Hi All,

Yes Fetch has upped our limit, so please download anything critical first.

There should not be a time limit on links I believe, and you will soon be getting a self serve option on the WDS website where you can go in and see your titles, download links and serial numbers. More on that soon.

Thank you all again for your tolerance, there are a few more glitches than we expected unfortunately.

David
11-20-2021, 08:19 AM,
(11-20-2021, 07:58 AM)Strela Wrote: Thank you all again for your tolerance, there are a few more glitches than we expected unfortunately.

Murphy's Law, there is no escaping it.